Got my VIN#!

ford13

Established Member
Hello guys! I got my vin # and a 9/17 build week. The Cobra was ordered on 8/8, got my VIN on 8/17! Very stoked! I will post when more info is available!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Was your car ordered by a dealer back in Mar or Apr and you modified the order to your specs in Aug?

ford13

Established Member
I ordered the car, salesman said it would take 8-12 weeks to deliver, the sales manager told me it would take in the two week range to get serialized. He called me last friday with my VIN# ... Sales manager said I was #3 to order this year. They have a 13 on the lot, it is a convertable.

RRDave

Established Member
I ordered the car, salesman said it would take 8-12 weeks to deliver, the sales manager told me it would take in the two week range to get serialized. He called me last friday with my VIN# ... Sales manager said I was #3 to order this year. They have a 13 on the lot, it is a convertable.

What options did you order?

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Hello guys! I got my vin # and a 9/17 build week. The Cobra was ordered on 8/8, got my VIN on 8/17! Very stoked! I will post when more info is available!

I ordered mine on 07/19 (hopped on existing allocation and changed to my spec)
VIN 08/07
Window sticker 08/21
Build date 09/10!!!

I am right there with you my man! :rockon:

ford13

Established Member
I am stoked too CBR !!!
Hi Dave!
I ordered the Cobra with black/black/charcoal, with black accents, pp and tp, recaros, shaker pro, and the electronics pkg. No glass roof.
I am guessing that where there is greater populous, there is a much greater demand for these cars.
I did not mean to come across as arrogant, I am very sympathetic to those who are trying to buy and or are having issues with allocations etc.
I sincerely hope that everyone who ordered one gets it.
I have been a Hi-Po Ford car fan since birth.
My dad had a 289 when I was little, in a 67' Galaxie 500. It sounded deadly.
My 04' GT sounded so awesome that I loved just listening to it idle. I love the way the 5.8 sounds with the S/C. Can't wait to hear it in person !!!

Regards,
Larry

cbrmuscle

Established Member
terbo,

We are sort of lucky up here in Canada... A Shelby is a fairly rare vehicle up here but my impression is that a lot of people are happy with their 07-09 or upgraded to a 10-12 already. That being said, I live in a city with a population of around 700k and I believe there are only 12-15 in the city for all the 07+'s.

My dealer here was sitting on their allocation and just ordered whatever would make money but it was not sold ahead of time.

Also, ford13! I am in Winnipeg! Did you order from Keystone as well?

RRDave

Established Member
I am stoked too CBR !!!
Hi Dave!
I ordered the Cobra with black/black/charcoal, with black accents, pp and tp, recaros, shaker pro, and the electronics pkg. No glass roof.
I am guessing that where there is greater populous, there is a much greater demand for these cars.
I did not mean to come across as arrogant, I am very sympathetic to those who are trying to buy and or are having issues with allocations etc.
I sincerely hope that everyone who ordered one gets it.
I have been a Hi-Po Ford car fan since birth.
My dad had a 289 when I was little, in a 67' Galaxie 500. It sounded deadly.
My 04' GT sounded so awesome that I loved just listening to it idle. I love the way the 5.8 sounds with the S/C. Can't wait to hear it in person !!!

Regards,
Larry
You sound as excited as I would be! Glad you were able to get scheduled so quickly.

willfong

Established Member
Ordered 4/04
VIN on 8/16
Build Week 9/24

I hate you all :(

Many of us are in a similar waiting game as you. I ordered 5/29 and still no VIN nor update. Still says "Unscheduled and processing" in the Ford order bank.

But congrats to ford13!

Last edited:

ford13

Established Member
terbo,

We are sort of lucky up here in Canada... A Shelby is a fairly rare vehicle up here but my impression is that a lot of people are happy with their 07-09 or upgraded to a 10-12 already. That being said, I live in a city with a population of around 700k and I believe there are only 12-15 in the city for all the 07+'s.

My dealer here was sitting on their allocation and just ordered whatever would make money but it was not sold ahead of time.

Also, ford13! I am in Winnipeg! Did you order from Keystone as well?
I am about 20 mins out of Winnipeg, and yes I did the deal at Keystone. I couldn't agree more with what you said about Winnipeg, Apparently I am the 3rd car, I guess you me and someone else!

Snoopy49

Established Member
I am about 20 mins out of Winnipeg, and yes I did the deal at Keystone. I couldn't agree more with what you said about Winnipeg, Apparently I am the 3rd car, I guess you me and someone else!

How do you deal with the cold weather when choosing tires for one of these cars? From the comments on most of the forums, the stock Goodyear's are pretty worthless once the temps dip below 45 degrees F.

ford13

Established Member
I wasn't planning on winter driving the car personally, I hear some guys up here and in the northern USA are running with some type of winter radials.
I'll drive until it gets to 45 ish ... once it gets below freezing with snow on the ground it will be parked ...

Regards,
Larry

Snoopy49

Established Member
I wasn't thinking about snow, I had a 93 LX 5.0 and it was treacherous in light snow, I can't imagine what this car would be like under similar circumstances. I was more concerned about cold weather driving.

ford13

Established Member
I wasn't thinking about snow, I had a 93 LX 5.0 and it was treacherous in light snow, I can't imagine what this car would be like under similar circumstances. I was more concerned about cold weather driving.
I can relate to the LX-5.0, I used to have an 04' GT, I used it as a daily driver with winter radials. It didn't last sixty days, I wrote it off, lost control on an icy road. Driving way too fast for the conditions. It has been eight years since I own a Hi-Po Ford. Winter radials give a false sense of security. they still easily break free with a manual tranny and a bit of power. I understand what you are saying about the cold weather, I will not be using this car as a daily driver, and will drive for the conditions.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
How do you deal with the cold weather when choosing tires for one of these cars? From the comments on most of the forums, the stock Goodyear's are pretty worthless once the temps dip below 45 degrees F.

Honestly, driving this car in the winters up here would be impossible. We get a LOT of snow and absolutely freezing temperatures up here. Summers are amazingly warm... Winters are amazingly terrible.

The front splitter alone would act as a snow plow and force snow into that nice new open mouth on these cars. They go under a car cover and absorb the occassional tears during the winter months.

cbrmuscle

Established Member

Excellent! Perhaps we should stay in touch... With a similar build date, they will likely come on the same carrier!

Users who are viewing this thread