Got my Speedhut guages

COBRASVT

Established Member
badass98svt said:
i'll stick with my gauge setup. my own custom touch.
svt decal on tach. painted bezel, and billet aluminum trim.
svt_gauges1.gif

I've done a little of that myself....real cf and billet. Made myself. :rockon:

Sorry...crappy pic uploaded for some reason...doesn't even show detail of cf...:(

I'm thinking of setting a set of the speedhut....

98_std.jpg

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I still don't quite understand how the gauge face plates transmit light onto themselves. If I remember correctly from the Web Site, they replace the standard instrument panel light bulbs ...

Dan

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Old thread I know but I just installed my Speedhut gauge overlay tonight and learned a valuable lesson.

My battery completely drained out even while driving after my install. The reason for this is one of the factory harnesses on the back of the gauge cluster came undone when I reinstalled them. After pulling the cluster back out of the dash, finding that the lefthand plug was undone and jumping the Cobra again, battery charged back like it was supposed to and I haven't had any problems. Not sure how an unplugged harness on the back of the cluster could do this but it did and it drained it very fast, couldn't get a charge on the battery either while the cluster was half unplugged. Just FYI guys encase anyone runs into something similar after they install something involving the gauge cluster.

Last edited:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Booyah said:
Old thread I know but I just installed my Speedhut guage overlay tonight and learned a valuable lesson.

My battery complete drained out even while driving after my install. The reason for this is one of the factory harnesses on the back of the guage cluster came undone when I reinstalled them. After pulling the cluster back out of the dash, finding that the lefthand plug was undone and jumping the Cobra again, battery charged back like it was supposed to and I haven't had any problems. Not sure how an unplugged harness on the back of the cluster could do this but it did and it drained it very fast, couldn't get a charge on the battery either while the cluster was half unplugged. Just FYI guys encase anyone runs into something similar after they install something involving the guage cluster.

its becuase that harness is spliced into the charging system and completes the circuit to the voltage regualtor and alternator.

Users who are viewing this thread