Got my SHO

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
had a red on order, but the wife liked the black and we had one in stock, didn't have the nav, but thats 2k in mods for me :)

sho performance pak, heated seats, cooled seats, moonroof, memory group, 10 way power front seats, power sunroof, sony stereo, 20's, upgraded brakes (part of the sho pak)

had the windows tinted 15% today! too

think i might powdercoat the wheels black, i actually like the 20 a lot, maybe something chrome, who knows

if the weather is halfway decent, i'll have it at the track friday

sho1.jpg

sho2.jpg

sho3.jpg

sho4.jpg

sho5.jpg

sho6.jpg

sho7.jpg

sho8.jpg

sho9.jpg

sho10.jpg

sho11.jpg

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Wow, that paint looks like something you'd see on a bass boat :p Nice pick up.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Very nice.. What are you impressions so far?

i like the car, i had driven this one when we first got it in a week and a half ago and really liked it

i thought for a 4400lb car, it handles great and great potential with already having turbos

i can't wait to see what the aftermarket has in store

very comfy, lots of nice features and fit and finish is great

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Nice car man. I think this might be one of my next purchases.. love the way it looks. Keep us updated on the performance #'s. Are you taking it to KenB? :]

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Sorry, too much $$ for a 4400 lb Taurus. At least my Taurus, a 90' and 92', didn't weigh but 3200, and could do alot with the 220 Hp they had. My 92' ended up having over 320 RWHP after a blower. That car screamed, and it only cost $24K car and all. So sad they they are now almost the same price as a Lincoln. The Lincoln that it shares its underpinnings with starts a $40K, and I believe the MSRP on the SHO, base, is $38K. That's too high for a high performance Ford sedan. Too bad Ford couldn't have been faithful to the SHO heritage, an economical sleeper.

Defknotzero

Established Member
sorry, too much $$ for a 4400 lb taurus. At least my taurus, a 90' and 92', didn't weigh but 3200, and could do alot with the 220 hp they had. My 92' ended up having over 320 rwhp after a blower. That car screamed, and it only cost $24k car and all. So sad they they are now almost the same price as a lincoln. The lincoln that it shares its underpinnings with starts a $40k, and i believe the msrp on the sho, base, is $38k. That's too high for a high performance ford sedan. Too bad ford couldn't have been faithful to the sho heritage, an economical sleeper.

+1

qwikhuh

Established Member
Sorry, too much $$ for a 4400 lb Taurus. At least my Taurus, a 90' and 92', didn't weigh but 3200, and could do alot with the 220 Hp they had. My 92' ended up having over 320 RWHP after a blower. That car screamed, and it only cost $24K car and all. So sad they they are now almost the same price as a Lincoln. The Lincoln that it shares its underpinnings with starts a $40K, and I believe the MSRP on the SHO, base, is $38K. That's too high for a high performance Ford sedan. Too bad Ford couldn't have been faithful to the SHO heritage, an economical sleeper.

Sorry but I have to laugh at this post. My 92 SHO was around $25,000 (I'll have to double check my window sticker) new 18 years ago!! They were thousands more than a Mustang back then and almost twice what a base Taurus cost and were in NO way economical. They didn't hold their value worth a damn so you can pick them up cheap but they were expensive cars back then. Given inflation I don't think the 2010 SHO is as expensive as the 92 was back in the day. 40k for a performance sedan is right in line with its competition. The Taurus is Fords Full size sedan so it is a lot bigger than the old Taurus were. My father just got a new one and I could not believe how much bigger the car is than his 01. SHO and economical in the same sentence :rollseyes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread