Got my roll bar and kirkey seats installed.

cgaulzetti

Established Member
hey guys:
just wanted to show you guys my 2008 GT500. we've got the engine and suspension and wheels and tires pretty much sorted but it was time to do something to the interior to make it a little bit safer and better for track use.

i may have gone a little overboard. the car is LOUD and rattly- and I need to attack all the hanging wires with some zip-ties and i probably should make some diamond cut aluminum floor panels or fabricate a cool pedal box or something because its pretty hot and bare in there now. but i kind of love it. i have half a mind to pull out the center console- the door panels and yes- that stupid dvd player dream of 2004 hifi system needs to go... but i digress.

this car is now officially insane.

this car was visceral and felt like you were opening the gates of hell overtime you pushed the gas pedal before- by stiffening it up with this 6 point roll bar and ripping out all the carpets and the rear seats- the thing is nuts.

if any of you guys are looking for a cage or roll bar or even harnesses i can not recommend autopowerindustries.com enough. these guys were awesome. so pro- and they get it. i could not be happier with their pricing, work, and attention to detail. these guys are the real deal. give them money.

on another note- kirkey seats are a great value and super comfy and with the fathousefabrication adjustable mounts you can unbolt them and move them around to really dial in the position. these seats are great and look and feel super pro and fast.

think i'm ready for a couple of track days now?

i love it.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Webp.net-resizeimage-2.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage-2.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Webp.net-resizeimage-3.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage-3.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 173

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
hey guys:
just wanted to show you guys my 2008 GT500. we've got the engine and suspension and wheels and tires pretty much sorted but it was time to do something to the interior to make it a little bit safer and better for track use.

i may have gone a little overboard. the car is LOUD and rattly- and I need to attack all the hanging wires with some zip-ties and i probably should make some diamond cut aluminum floor panels or fabricate a cool pedal box or something because its pretty hot and bare in there now. but i kind of love it. i have half a mind to pull out the center console- the door panels and yes- that stupid dvd player dream of 2004 hifi system needs to go... but i digress.

this car is now officially insane.

this car was visceral and felt like you were opening the gates of hell overtime you pushed the gas pedal before- by stiffening it up with this 6 point roll bar and ripping out all the carpets and the rear seats- the thing is nuts.

if any of you guys are looking for a cage or roll bar or even harnesses i can not recommend autopowerindustries.com enough. these guys were awesome. so pro- and they get it. i could not be happier with their pricing, work, and attention to detail. these guys are the real deal. give them money.

on another note- kirkey seats are a great value and super comfy and with the fathousefabrication adjustable mounts you can unbolt them and move them around to really dial in the position. these seats are great and look and feel super pro and fast.

think i'm ready for a couple of track days now?

i love it.
Craig, Im super happy this car has turned out to be such a success for you! She looks MEAN and ready to eat up some corners! Ive been going back and forth on caging my car, but Ill worry about it when the car is capable of that kind of speed.

Congrats and well done!

Users who are viewing this thread