Got my other FRC finished yesterday, pics inside!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I bought my fiance's old Nassau in April. It's a 1999 FRC which she replaced with a 2000 model which I have posted some pics of before with the HREs. When I got it, it had 108K miles on it and was running decent, but definetly not a hot rod. It also had a terrible squeal, something you'd hear on a 1980s Caddy or something, but it wasn't powersteering belt...

When I took it to my old friends' new shop True Street in McKinney, Texas, we found that the idler and tensioner for the AC were not working correctly. Also Sean pointed out that my pulley/harmonic balancer was loose and wobbling... I wanted to eventually do a cam, and since they said over half of the work was swapping the balancer on a cam install we did it all at once. I wanted something docile and with zero surging, and Sean (the Corvette guru) picked out the cam for me. I specifically requested that I didn't want terrible gas mileage or for it to surge while driving it (characteristics of my C6!).

So as they are working on it, I decide to source some heads and manifold because the 99 has 843s and the intake is less than desireable for power.

I found some 243 heads on Tech off a 05 GTO, that had already had PRC springs good for .675 lift, and bought an intake from "PRE-Z06" off a 04Z with a ported TB... ls7 lifters, Comp pushrods, C5R timing set etc etc... had all of that installed and it lasted HALF a dyno pull and something broke. Made a wierd rattle with low oil pressure...:ack: The motor had a lot of miles and had been pinging and running lean for the 3 years we had it, so I figured it was just ready to die.

Found a 04 GTO LS1, again from Tech, and had it shipped to True Street. Got all the new parts off the old motor swapped over to the unkown block I sourced and it runs fantastic... no bucking or surging, even down to 900 rpm in sixth, and it drives better than new. It doesn't make hardly any more power till 3500 then at 5k it gets pulls hard. Feels like it has a 100 shot on it once you get it wound up. BTW I don't have headers on it yet... Should easily make 400 or more when I do headers and x pipe this winter...

Thanks again to the guys at True Street. They called me every couple days to lmk what was going on with the car, and they even went to powerspray the entire engine bay when the motor was out. The engine bay looks brand new now!:woohoo:

It made 308SAE stock with intake and z06 mufflers, and now it makes 380SAE. The graph is in STD correction. It was also 71 when I did the first pull and 102 yesterday.

99FRC_1.jpg

99FRC_HCIDynoGraph.jpg

ImportedPhotos00016.jpg

ImportedPhotos00012.jpg

ImportedPhotos00018.jpg

ImportedPhotos00021.jpg

ImportedPhotos00024.jpg

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like a labor of love. Those are really good numbers, bet that pulls hard being that it is so light.

venomws6

Established Member
Clean ass FRC man I love it...

does your C6 have boltons/cam and 150shot? I think I saw a couple of mexico vids of it.. :D

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Clean ass FRC man I love it...

does your C6 have boltons/cam and 150shot? I think I saw a couple of mexico vids of it.. :D

yep, that be it... cam, full exhaust, and a 150 hit. makes 645 rw but runs like 800...:lol1: I don't drive it much unless Ive got my passport... The C5 is for America...:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread