Got my new cobra!

PrinceSlik

Established Member
Got my Cobra finally.

It's a 2001 Silver Cobra with 27k on it. Excellent condition.

Deff a new feel from a FWD 4 banger...

I heard they didn't make superchargers for 01's b/c of the intake change, and not enough room?.....is that true? if not where can I find one?

There are a few sick cars around here (imports). And I need to show them what a v8 really is..

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Of course they make superchargers for your 01!!! and they really wake up the 4v's!! My 99 has the same intake design as yours and ive got a supercharger..
If you think its wild now... just wait till you bolt a blower on that mofo. I think I swallowed my tongue the first time I got on it with the blower.. haha

There are many kits to choose from, such as paxton, vortech, procharger, and many more. All are somewhat reliable and proven. However, I recommend procharger!

-Homer

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
There are a bunch of blowers out for the 01 4V. I am not sure if there are any positive discplacement blowers (i.e roots, twin screw type) available, but there are many centrifugal brands out there.

IUP99snake is absolutely right, the 4V's go crazy with forced induction....over 400rwhp, near 500rwhp w/ a few bolt-ons and a good tune is obtainable. Great car, great choice, great fun.

Good luck!

snowmancobra

Established Member
Yes someone please try to put an eaton from an 03 on! Now when I see those results I might seriously consider it that would be your roots :)

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
Snowman, I can't help but notice your running a Flowmaster American Thunder w/ an MAC Prochamber with your 4V. Do you have any sound clips? How does that thing sound?

snowmancobra

Established Member
wish I knew how to make sound clips.

Sounds really deep and very gurgly. I love it. You do get some droning, but I still love this sound because people hear it and are like I dont wanna f with him

PrinceSlik

Established Member
Is there ever anything on ebay? I was lookin at the vortech supercharger w/ aftercooler......6 grand:cryying:

what are some sites for superchargers?

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
$6K? Damn that seems too high for a blower w/ cooler. Look into the Procharger kits. All Prochargr kits come with an intercooler for about $3K. Prochargers are also self-contained kits, meaning no punching holes for oil lines, no A/C re-locating, etc....you can do the instal yourself and save $$$....good deal

PrinceSlik

Established Member
Do you guys know any sites where I can get Cobra R parts? Such as a wing, front lip, and wheels?

I kinda wanna do that conversion and lower it and add a nitrous kit to start out.

Users who are viewing this thread