got my maximum motorsports k-member installed!

20psirabbit

Established Member
so i finally finished off my suspension :banana: got my mm k-member, control arms, oil filter relocation kit, alum. rack bushings, and solid steering shaft installed.
i did the oil filter relocation and the steering shaft myself in the garage as i had a bit of spare time here and there. it turned out well, and i learned a few things as i had never assembled stainless braided lines and fittings before, but holy cow was it tedious, and chewed up the ends of my fingers :(
1255458329.jpg

1255458344.jpg

sent the car out for the k-member install because i'm working 7 days a week right now and just didn't have time to do it, but needed it done to save my sanity LOL
1255457879.jpg

1255457933.jpg

i love how much cleaner it looks underneath the car now! i despise the looks of the stock k-member and arms, this stuff actually looks pretty, and you can work around it which is nice.
driving impressions- surprisingly, the car feels stiffer now just driving around, less cowl shake, feels more stable and better put together. in terms of handling, the car has made a huge difference. it corners flatter, and feels like it works much less to corner now as well, it's better than i expected. i didn't think i'd be able to feel that much of a difference with it just driving around on the street and freeway on/off ramps :rockon:
all in all i'm very happy with it, it's good to be done with the suspension.

and a teaser of things to come :rolling:
1255459576.jpg

venomintheneck

Established Member
Looks great...but would you suggest buying their max. grip package. I've been thinking about spending the money but 4k is a lot right now. Are there any other better suspension performance companies out their for the cobras?

20psirabbit

Established Member
Sweet! I would love to put one on mine, how much did they charge you to put it on if you don't mind?

well i already had the coilovers and c/c plates on the car, and i did the steering shaft and oil filter relocation myself. so they just did the k-member & a-arm install, squared the k-member to the car, machined the spindles for the bolt through tie rod ends, and aligned the front end, for which they charged $610.

Looks great...but would you suggest buying their max. grip package. I've been thinking about spending the money but 4k is a lot right now. Are there any other better suspension performance companies out their for the cobras?

basically what i have on the car is the max grip box as they sell it now. when i was buying parts they didn't sell delrin irs bushings, only poly. i wanted delrin so i bought the irs bushing kit from bruce a.k.a. full tilt boogie.
i also bought the upgraded bilstein sport shocks from MM as the stock vert struts wouldn't do well with the spring rates i wanted to run. no shocks are included in the max grip box.
the $4k is the other reason i didn't buy it as a box. i had a few things here and there i wanted to do to the car as well like a pulley and tune and didn't have $10k cash handy to do all of it at once LOL.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
Are there any other better suspension performance companies out their for the cobras?

maximum motorsports is really the only way to go if you're looking for well designed, quality suspension.

the OP prides himself with only purchasing the finest things...so of coarse he went with MM :poke:

moonltgold

MM K member

[
Awesome. Would you happen to have any pics of the wheels/wheelwell from the side? -- I wanted to see how they look with the front wheels pushed forward. Thanks.

20psirabbit

Established Member
maximum motorsports is really the only way to go if you're looking for well designed, quality suspension.

the OP prides himself with only purchasing the finest things...so of coarse he went with MM :poke:

ugh, you make me sick sometimes lol
as far as the question of good/better suspension companies out there, it really depends on what you're looking to do with the car. The mm kmember isn't the lightest out there, but is reinforced for road course duty and all around strength.
If you're more into drag, some of the guys like upr, qa1, and others.
For road course duty there's mm, agent47, and griggs.
It all boils down to what you want to spend vs. what you want to do with the car. Personally, I wanted to make the car far better than stock, but it's not going to spend enough time on a road course to quantify agent47 or griggs for me.

[
Awesome. Would you happen to have any pics of the wheels/wheelwell from the side? -- I wanted to see how they look with the front wheels pushed forward. Thanks.

I haven't taken any pics of the car since I got it back from the install, basically with the stock geometry arms I've got it moves the front wheels forward 3/4." It's really only enough to notice if you look for it, if that helps. Otherwise, I should be getting the wheels on this weekend and will get some pics if I can :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread