Got my GordsFord HE - VERY nice!

mnypit

Established Member
I recieved my GordsFord aluminum HE w/fans late last week and installed it this Saturday.

All I can say is that this HE is one VERY nice piece. Gord was exceptional to deal with, answered all of my questions, and returned all of my emails in a timely fashion. The unit was packaged in such away that I know it had to take 30 minutes to box up. It could have taken a direct hit from a 100 megaton bomb and not suffered any damaged!!

Installation was a breeze. Gord provides well written, step by step instructions with some pictures to help those that "aren't mechanically inclined". Took me about 1 hour total time, in and out. Gord includes absolutely everything you will need to do this install, hardware, hoses, clamps, etc. Onlything you will need to provide is a gallon of coolant from the Ford store, tools, and a place do to the swap.

It looks nice AND has functionality, cant ask for more than that!

If you are in the market for an aftermarket HE, this is one that I would highly recommend!

Thanks GORD!!

Steve

Fang

Established Member
Normally hear nothing but good things about his product. I have a couple of guys here locally that have done it too. They love it. I am waiting to see what he will do with a radiator. Gord, you reading this?

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Mnypit,

Glad to hear it went well. That along with the apten and pulley is going to be killer. When are you headed to STL for the tune. I want a ride when she's all set. Hell, I want a turn behind the wheel.

That may make me forget the warranty and head to STL.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Where are the pics?

I've spoke with Gord a couple of times via email about his heat exchanger. I will be ordering next month. :beer:

mnypit

Established Member
Originally posted by OH3Cobra
That may make me forget the warranty and head to STL.

These cars came with a warranty!?!?!?!?! Bonus!

Anyway, gotta wait for Mother Nature to get off of her moody trip and get us some "nicer" weather. First, Kenny Brown is going to install some goodies, then it is off to Apten for a tune. Maybe end of Feb., beginning of March. If you know Mother Nature, give her a call and put in a good word for us Cobra owners, tell her we need to get back to drivin these things in lieu of staring at them in the garage!!

After the tune, I'll look you up, first decent day we get, you get the first ride.

Steve

mnypit

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Where are the pics?

Didnt feel the need. There are plenty of pics already, and mine didnt look any different, besides I was too anxious to get it done!! :D

Originally posted by racerat
I've spoke with Gord a couple of times via email about his heat exchanger. I will be ordering next month. :beer:

You wont be sorry!!

Steve

sweet10th

Established Member
Sweet.
I ordered my Gordsford HE last week too (with the fans).
Havent gotten it yet but cant wait.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Can someone post a link on where you can order the GORDS unit. ALso anyone know which unit is the one where it says COBRA on it in black letters? Thanks

sweet10th

Established Member
The "COBRA" lettering on the front of the HE is the Gords unit.
I ordered mine with the "COBRA" logo....$15 option.

mnypit

Established Member
Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
Can someone post a link on where you can order the GORDS unit. ALso anyone know which unit is the one where it says COBRA on it in black letters? Thanks

Per Gord.......
"Send me an Email at [email protected] and I'll be able to send you my data sheets with full info."

Steve

predator

Established Member
I have talked to Gord a few times via email and he is always prompt with response and any information. I have been waiting for the screen to become available before I order my HE/fans. I had asked him if he had any plans for a radiator too........its on his list......along with a few other items of interest. :thumbsup:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
What benefits do the fans have? Any use for street / highway? Or are they only for inbetween 1/4 runs? Would you get the fans anyway just to have them?

Mike

mnypit

Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
What benefits do the fans have? Any use for street / highway? Or are they only for inbetween 1/4 runs? Would you get the fans anyway just to have them?

Mike

The fans provide decent airflow through the heat exchanger at times when the vehicle is stationary (or moving very slowly). Air flow thruogh the heat exchanger is what you need for it to work at its peak efficiency.

For street driving, I doubt the fans would provide any real benefit. I opted for the fans as my car will see the road course 4 or 5 times a year, and I wanted them for use after each stint to help prevent any heat soak that might occur, not necessarily to "optimize" power potential.

Hope this helps!

Steve

sweet10th

Established Member
Hey MNYPIT ... how do you hook up the fans on that HE ?
Are they just hooked up to a extra switch ?

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Hey Steve, thanks for all the great compliments. It means a lot to me to get feedback like that!!

It's taken a lot of time and effort to put together what I think is a well engineered product that is the leader in the field. At least that is my objective. Sometimes we may fall a bit short of perfection but at least we try to offer to offer the best design and good value for the money spent.

I'll have a few more products coming out shortly and will announce them on the site. As I run into areas on our car that need attention and if I can see a way to improve it we will give it a try! A high quality, non obtrusive protective lower grille screen will be be the next release.

sweet10th, the fan kit includes a proper high amp flow fan relay in addition to a manual switch. The directions include the way to hook up the switch so that it can work either manually or with the intercooler pump so that they automatically come on when the pump does (thermostatically controlled from the main engine cooling circuit) or you can manually force the pump and fans on for cooling between rounds at the drag strip or on the sports car track.

Gord Zonailo
GordsFord Performance Engineering
Email: [email protected]
604 649 3533

hawkls1

Established Member
gords. Can the fans be wire to work in all three position at the same time so you can choose which one you want at any time.I'am going to be order HE from you in a month and i was thinking of get the fan too.

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
hawkls1, I'm not sure what you mean by three positions. I presume you mean a switch with fans either on or off, while running the engine and fans and pump on when the engine is off?? There are instructions in the kit, and a switch to enable these operating modes.

Gord Zonailo
GordsFord Performance Engineering
Email: [email protected]
604 649 3533

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
I cant wait to order mine, hopefully my taxes come through sooner than I expect!

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by JaketheSnake
I cant wait to order mine, hopefully my taxes come through sooner than I expect!

Just waiting for the funds also.....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread