Got my first race... since the latest mod

00SS

Established Member
Had to post this one real quick... this was my first 'run' i have gotten since putting the stall in. All i have to say this guy didn't know what hit em'.. sorry fellas it was a stang (cobra to be percise) It was a white one going down 303 towards loop 12, anyway, I saw the lettering and some dual chromies (nice looking cobra FWIW) and sped up a little to see if he'd bite.. I was in luck the light changed and we happen to be right beside each other @ the light. I give him the infamous 'nod' and he acknowledged.. I rev'd the engine up to about 1800 and heard him doing the same.. well, when i let off my tires broke loose a little and had to let off a little and feather it until i got (full) traction by the time i had done this i was about 2 cars out on him :eek: I ran upto about 70-75 and shut it down didnt' think there was much point in continuing... that and we were on a blvd. where there are some cops lurking occassionally. I slowed to ask him if he wanted to go from a roll and he just said dddayyyuuummm .. hell no!! And then i got the infamous question... 'is that an auto?' I laughed and told him funny ive never heard that b4 ;) I complemented him on his ride and continued driving to work with this big grin on my face :) I have to say, the stall should have been my 1st mod.. it has really awakened the beast down low.

have a good one...

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Cheater Cheater! ;) :D ;)

Man that is a BIG stall. Have you had any probs with the tranny running hot? I know when Mikie put his stall in he added the tranny cooler for insurance. Nice run. Atleast the guy wasn't a jerk and did a fly by. That happens alot 'round here.

00SS

Established Member
Hey what's up GR8WHITE,

yea, i'm putting in the transgo shift kit as well as a B&M tranny cooler next week... I have been trying to take it easy until then.. but it's really hard not to launch it everytime due to it's STR.
the vig lists at 3600 but really flashes around 3900-4000K.. the only part i have to get used to (or that kinda sux) is when i'm taking off normally and it get to around 30-40ish and it stays in 2nd until i really blip the throttle.. which in turn makes it really loud.. but from a dead stop or a roll around 20-30... :D wow, she really will get my bald nitto DR's loose. Un-fortuantley Ennis is closed tonight and won't be another test and tune until July 6th.. have to wait for the timeslip :( I'm hoping as is to pull a 12.0-12.2 with new DR's or ET's i hoping to tickle the 11's... all motor. Then if the wife doesn't kill me 1st.. gonna throw a 100 wet kit on her and dip well into the 11's. Time for 6 pt. cage and a few other suspension mods to keep the power to the ground.
Take care man... c ya

00SS

Established Member
LOL.. ha ha... i saw this and was like wtf. Man that was a while ago.. hell, that was another engine ago :)

wonder if we can dig up the video i posted about this time frame of me vs a juiced z28 and a corbra :)

devin.

00SS

Established Member
well, as fellow hot rodders.. we all know what happens when your cam lift is too high for your springs to hold and you drop a valve into the cylinder at 6k rpm's.

It was a sad day on that cold/dark november day :(

I haven't taken my new one to the track yet as a baseline. But it did put down 323 rw / 345 tw on a less than stock engine :)
right now it has a 6.0l truck cam in it .. i used it for the balancing and blueprinting of the rotating assemb. and for the breakin period. I do have a nice polished new cam in the garage waiting for the springs and retainers (yes i will not have a repeat of last time.. i used a 20% higher lift rating on these babies :D

I expect over 400 to the wheels after the cam swap next weekend.. then it's time for the power addr. gonna run a 200 shot on her (built bottom end) ought to net me some mid 10's :D

Cobra4pt6

Banned
one of my boys has a camaro z28 (LS1) and he has all the bolt ons, cold air, off-road y-pipe, headers, catback, etc.....it's an auto an he put a 3500 stall converter on it, ran it against another z28 with the same mods he had except that z28 didnt have a converter....and my buddy with the stall converter busted that other z28's arse.......i was like daaaaaaayyyyyyyummmmm! he launched like a bat outta hell...then he went up against a 12 sec WRX and the z28 busted the WRX's arse out the hole.....i was like oh my gosh.......that night it almost made me want an automatic. the z ran a 12.7 and WRX ran a 12.8.....
congrats on the kill, those stall converters are something serious.

00SS

Established Member
yep, i figure around the 70 ponie range with this cam, (should net at least 385-390ish minimum) oh, I forgot to mention the ported heads going in with it :) the cam by itself will net 50 rwhp.
You have to remember that i'm running a truck cam right now with very low lift (480ish range)

back when this post was submitted my car was still not running as well as it did when the engine went south. My best on the old setup was 11.3 @ 118 (1.60' 60' footer)

i'm expecting a whole lot better with the 200 shot of giggle juice added to the heads/cam/stall .. we shall soon see.

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
Well, hope it all works out the way you want it to 00SS. Get us some video!!! 10's are very impressive. :beer: :beer:

Keep us posted.

00SS

Established Member
thanks man, i'm gonna run it this coming weekend (all motor) and see what i have to work with before throwing the shot on her.

what's your new setup netting ya with the extra 2lbs of boost?

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
Originally posted by 00SS
well, as fellow hot rodders.. we all know what happens when your cam lift is too high for your springs to hold and you drop a valve into the cylinder at 6k rpm's.

It was a sad day on that cold/dark november day :(

I haven't taken my new one to the track yet as a baseline. But it did put down 323 rw / 345 tw on a less than stock engine :)
right now it has a 6.0l truck cam in it .. i used it for the balancing and blueprinting of the rotating assemb. and for the breakin period. I do have a nice polished new cam in the garage waiting for the springs and retainers (yes i will not have a repeat of last time.. i used a 20% higher lift rating on these babies :D

I expect over 400 to the wheels after the cam swap next weekend.. then it's time for the power addr. gonna run a 200 shot on her (built bottom end) ought to net me some mid 10's :D

SOunds good 00SS, I remember when I was racing my 99 SS and I slammed the infamous 3-2 shift at 6K, well I know the sound your talking about. I bent 3 pushrods and bent 2 valves, compressed 2 springs. THe car amazingly was driveable and I made it back to the dealer whare they diagnosed my problem as a bad O2 sensor! :p I knew the tech and they covered the problem under warranty.

Good luck on your head/cam swap. What company are ya going with??

00SS

Established Member
I'm going with a gtp cam (224/224 578/578 112) and with some home ported heads :)
I'm gonna have to tweak the tuning a bit to get my auto to idle with that 112lsa though... but if i can make that 229 cam i had in there idle.. shouldn't be a prob (i hope)

i had some pics somewhere of the boom bitc* boom..
had a 4" hole in the block and about 6 " in the pan :(
amazingly enough, i had the cam cut out and it only had a few nic's in it from a peice of the block getting lodged between a lifter and the cam.

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
00SS, whew a 112lsa thats quite a lopey cam. Good luck with it. GTP makes some quality parts from what I've heard. Good luck with it that LS1 will be quite a beast!

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by 00SS
thanks man, i'm gonna run it this coming weekend (all motor) and see what i have to work with before throwing the shot on her.

what's your new setup netting ya with the extra 2lbs of boost?

I have not put it on the dyno yet. But, I have done MUCH more work then that to it since the numbers in the sig. I'm guessing the car should be in the 500 rwhp area now. If not, I will put another pulley on it. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread