Got my dyno numbers, not thrilled

scott818

Banned
So I got my truck dyno'd and these are the numbers.

With a 4lb lower, stage 4 port, electric fans, JLP ram air intake, JLP thunder pipe, bassani 2 cat mids, bassani cat back, sct excal 2, and an lfp valve body I made 396 rwhp and 465rwtq. This was at 15 degrees of timing too. Seem off? I think so. Now the dyno seemed to be off for both of us that went today. I dyno'd with a 2lber, and intake in 100 degree weather and it made 366rwhp and 456 rwtq. I think my latest dyno numbers are a little off. There was some talk about the dyno being off. My tune is perfect though, 11.8. Thanks RET.

Keep in mind that the 2 dyno numbers give were on seperate dynos, both dyno jets though. Another thing, in 66 degree weather today my truck hit just under 15lbs of boost. It would flash to 10 and creep up by the end of the gear. I just went out tonight ( 55 degrees ) and the boost flashed 10 as usual, but only crept to 12 or 13. Any ideas?

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

supeg

Established Member
Maybe about 10 hp short of what you should be.

Torques low just like mine.

Seems some people lose torque with the port, some dont.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
the dyno could be off, but dont sweat overall numbers too much. a dyno is only a tool to measure your gains. so ideally you would have to have dyno'ed on that same dyno with similar conditions to see accurate gains. as long as the curve is good and a/f as well dont sweat it. run her at the track to see how good she does.

i have heard that a stage 4 port wont get you much in the way of torque.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
As far as your boost... things like humidity, and barametric pressure can greatly affect it. As well as temp, but you seem well aware of that. BTW, a dyno is a tool for tunning, and can reflect any numbers the tunner wants it to show for WHP and WTQ.

scott818

Banned
The belt was slipping, but then I changed it. I am using a 4lb lower, stock upper, lfp ux idler with 90mm idlers. With this setup I am running a 67 inch belt, thats pretty much all that would fit. I used a 67.5 and it strarted slipping on the way home.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
like i said above scott, i wouldnt worry too much about overall numbers as long as the tune, and a/f are good. get her to the strip as that is where it matters. dyno's lie from one to the next.

scott818

Banned
Here is the current dyno sheet. What do ya think?

th_Newdyno.gif

bmfgsxr

Established Member
looks like a picture of a set of lakewoods.. oh wait, no its a dyno graph.. ;) it looks pretty good to me, although the a/f ratio really should be just under 12 all the way up, and it looks like it goes above 12 at around 5000rpms. but really it is pretty damn flat to tell you the truth.. but im more used to bike dyno graphs than cars, and there are guys in here who are much more knowledgeable than myself when it comes to these trucks and dynos.

scott818

Banned
bmfgsxr said:
looks like a picture of a set of lakewoods.. oh wait, no its a dyno graph.. ;) it looks pretty good to me, although the a/f ratio really should be just under 12 all the way up, and it looks like it goes above 12 at around 5000rpms. but really it is pretty damn flat to tell you the truth.. but im more used to bike dyno graphs than cars, and there are guys in here who are much more knowledgeable than myself when it comes to these trucks and dynos.

Yeah it does tail off. No matter what Greg did my truck would always tail up at the end. It does hit just above 12 but I was told by him that his sniffer always reads about .3 leaner so it should be just right. I pounded the gas and ran to 120 last night and it was 50 out, no pinging. Like I said, very happy with my tune.

Edit: I also live higher in altitude than gregs shop.

Last edited:

angel1

Established Member
that is way low for what you got
you should make at least 410 hps. Maybe you should have it check out and dyno tune the truck

scott818

Banned
The truck did get tuned by RET on this dyno. I am not worried about the tune. I just think the nubers are too low. Maybe it's just me not being able to accept that my truck just isn't strong? I don't know. I am going to have it re dyno'd at a different shop tomorrow.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
well if the sniffer reads a little high then your truck is set up very well. could be a low reading dyno, or a very conservative tune. what kind of timing are you running? sounds like he went with some conservative timing which is a good thing for engine longevity. i wouldnt sweat the numbers man, what matters is how it runs, and what your running at the track compared to before the mods.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
If you're happy with the tune and the way your truck runs than the numbers shouldn't matter. When you get it re-dyno'd let us know what kind of numbers you get.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
steigy stage 4 port doesn't seem to be getting the advertised gains
suspicious :nonono:

-1 for the stage 4 port

boca ron

Banned
i think the only gain is you get back the torque you lost . i really dont see too much difference from the stage 3. a little not much, i also feel that all the peop;e who have paid for qoute the best port are entitled to every single correction necs. to make torque loss restored, its almost like their admitting a deficient design in their claims of gains. after first blameing boost by-pass as the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread