Got my Cobra today, Got some questions

nsreed

Established Member
Hello everyone

All I can say is DAMN, is this one fun car. EVERYTHING is excellent. Handling, braking and of course power. Can't wait to get the exhaust freed up. Not so much for power but a better rumble.
Of course the added power will be a nice touch.

I have two questions for those of you that have your car.

When I get on the gas going through the gears, I hear a noise that sounds like an exhaust leak. Just like having an old big block with leaky headers. Anybody else have that?? When I am cruising at one speed its quiet, Soon as you get on the gas a little bit you hear it. And it's pretty loud. No noise at all at idle.

Second, is the whine when you are getting on it semi hard. To me it sounds like gear whine from the trans. Its pretty damn loud. Could be the blower. but its not a blower type noise to me. But who knows. All you guys have said that have your car is that the blower is very quiet. The whine noise sounds like the old GM Rock Crusher 4speed trans in the 396 Chevelles when you get on it, except louder. I took my service manager for a ride but he didn't have a clue if this was normal or not. Since this is the first one they got out of the two they are getting. Again, this noise is ONLY when you get on it so it could be a very loud or bad blower. OR normal! Run through the gears easy and it is quiet.

I have a 125 fun miles on it now. Out on the highway I would have bet anything the speedo was off. Just didn't seem like I was going 95 mph. But took my GPS on the next run and its dead on.
Gonna need the cruise set on this one on the highway to avoid tickets. Hey, isn't it nice that Ford put that little arrow light on the dash that keeps telling you to go faster!!!!!! LOL

Any help would be great guys!
Thanks
NSR:lol:

Last edited:
B

blown03cobra

umm, its called blower whine.. and also intercooloer cycling all that fluid through (this is a good thing):beer:

Users who are viewing this thread