got my cobra engine running. has a rough idle

zacmustang03

Established Member
I fixed the starter problem with my car and got the car to start and run. it idled rough for about 5 minutes and then it started raising the rpms without me touching the gas. the highest i saw it go was around 3500 before i shut it down. what could this be? thanks

hotcobra03

Established Member
drive the car around...after having battery unhooked pcm reset and will need a drivecycle to relearn ...google drivecycle

zacmustang03

Established Member
i think it goes past that. my wiring is from an 03 gt its been converted to work with the cobra motor , i have a custom tune in the car. when i start it now it revs up to 3500 and stays there without my foot on the pedal. i have taken the iac valve off and cleaned it i have also made sure the valve moves back and forth , ive checked for vaccum leaks and found nothing . i checked my tps sensor and its putting out 1.10 volts is that right? or to high? i hear its suppose to be .98. my car also is blowing a bit of white smoke. i havent noticed any drop in my coolant i drained the oil and i think there is some coolant in my oil.... im worried. could my coolant be getting into my pan any other way then a blown head gasket?

Users who are viewing this thread