Got my car dynoed

slow86GT

Established Member
Hi everybody went 2 weeks ago to get tuned but only ended up making 2 pulls before the tuner said I needed to upgrade some parts.Anyway my car had a 3 inch pulley, magnaflow cat back and a densecharger cold air kit , fresh tr6 plugs and made 432 to the wheels thru the stock cats. He said the maf was almost pegged at 952 and suggested a new cold air which I already replaced with the jlt next gen ram air kit, off road x pipe which I got the bbk one, and recommended changing the fuel filter and getting a Kenn Bell BAP , he also recommended a 2.76 pulley and snub idler which I have both from metco and seem real nice.Only thing I need is the pulley puller from metco and the BAP .Is there a certain model one I need and do I need a different fpdm? Will I be safe driving 60 miles to the shop if I install everything and stay out of the boost? Thanks
Image1538702788.338065.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
I bet you would be fine out of boost..but you might have a lean surge or light bucking that could be annoying. Don't know from experience.

You could throw the snub on and then swap the upper in his parking lot real quick.

Just have the bap all wired and and turned down.

Factory FPDM is fine.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is your blower ported? Stock crank pulley? What was your fuel pump duty cycle? I don't know that I'd consider 952 counts almost pegged. But then I don't get nervous until I start seeing 1000 counts.

MG0h3

Established Member
Is your blower ported? Stock crank pulley? What was your fuel pump duty cycle? I don't know that I'd consider 952 counts almost pegged. But then I don't get nervous until I start seeing 1000 counts.

Is there a set number where a Maf pegs or different for diff brands? Or is it more what the pcm can work with ?

blownfox

Established Member

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is there a set number where a Maf pegs or different for diff brands? Or is it more what the pcm can work with ?

The limit is 1032 counts. But theres a a limit in the 03/04 ECU's of how much air it can actually read. I don't remember where exactly it is. I remember my stock MAF was hitting 1000 counts on a warm day. I couldn't adjust the top part of the transfer because of the limit in the ECU so I went with a BA3000. There is a way to scale things in the tune, but I prefer not to do that if I can.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
You'll need a relay and #8 wire upgrade to the battery for the 40a, pre-wired BAP

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'd double check your FPDC before installing the BAP. With a 2.8 pulley and stock pumps I think I was in the high 80's. No point for a BAP at that point IMO. With my GT pumps I'm in the low 70's.

SVTCam

Established Member
There are many guides on this site to use for the BAP, attached PDF is what I used for mine. very simple.

Attachments

• BAP Install instructions (1).pdf
    191 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread