Got my Bassani on...Oh My !!!

Weasel

Established Member
When I got my car at the end of June I observed, as others had, that the exhaust was a bit quieter than I would have liked. I got used to it and thought the stock sound level from the exhaust was subtle, understated.
Yesterday, I got my catted x/pipe and cat back installed that I bought through the group purchase (thanks Full Throttle Performance). My first impression is that this is really loud. Sounds good, but no longer subtle and stealth mode is definitely off. I'll probably get used to it, but it's really a big difference.
As Postban described in other threads, throttle response is much better, noticed not surging when cold, and seems to rev much more freely. As far as workmanship goes, it's a nice piece of hardware.
I'll have to get it dynoed to see where this car stands in the feeding chain.

Mike

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Mike,
See if you can find someone with the Magnaflow in your area and compare them... (please)

I'm not finding my Magnaflow that loud... but I haven't put on my Bassani X-pipe yet. The X-pipe on my 2001 made it a bit louder.

Weasel

Established Member
Next weekend the regional SCMC is have a show at Jarrell Ford, so maybe someone will show up with a magnaflow. I'll let you know. This system sounds *very* good. Like I said, I'm sure I'll get used to it. It's just such a contrast to the stock system.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread