Got my ass spanked

Twisty

Established Member
I'm not sure why but once i get my car i stopped running into the ricers. But today I followed a red Si to see if I could change that and to my surprise I got my ass handed to me. It started when i saw him darting around traffic so I stepped it up and worked my way in front of him. We ended up with him behind me at a light for a left hand turn. Light turned I took off he stayed on my ass and when it was clear pulled right pass me when I shifted out of 3rd. I went to give him a thumbs up but he didn't even look over when he slowed down and I pulled next to him. But atleast he didn't have a 6 inch tip and stickers or i might have cried.

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Good death! when I lived in san diego, I went to a couple of "unsanctioned" import races in the desert, 9 times out of ten the fast car was the one without any of the unnecessary stuff, infact they were usually missing components that I thought key to an automobile. Alot of them just looked like they came out of the junk yard.

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Nice death. Some of them are scary quick. I watched a video last night of some guy driving a Civic hatch who called himself "Cheezefrog", who hung with a 10-second Viper from a roll. :eek:

I'm hoping the day never comes when a Civic shows me taillights.

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Droptop Snake
Nice death. Some of them are scary quick. I watched a video last night of some guy driving a Civic hatch who called himself "Cheezefrog", who hung with a 10-second Viper from a roll. :eek:

I'm hoping the day never comes when a Civic shows me taillights.
That car is definitely a sleeper. No rims, he has hubcaps. No exhaust tips, they look stock. Not even a factory tach. I've seen him run even with some very fast hardware. Don't want to run into that on the street.

-R-

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Yeah, man, nothing to be ashamed of with that loss. A built Si can give a lot of people problems. The fact the Honda owner spent his bucks on performance rather than looks gets my respect everytime. GOOD RUN! :beer:

Twisty

Established Member
Wish I could have talked to him to see what he had done. But it is all good I don't mind lossing to someone that isn't riced out.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
theres a civic hatch runnin around where i live in red primer with hub caps no exhaust that'll run high 13's

beepx22

Established Member
my friend had a 12 second del sol with stock rims, cracked windshield and a heavily dented passanger side, so hondas are mean

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Parts galore, that's for sure.

* Blue, yeah, that Si you ran into was another one that's badazz.

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Twisty
No shit parts galore wish I had it that easy.
Doesn't someone make a centrifugal supercharger for the SVT-C? I think someone on this board has one and it's badass . :-D

Twisty

Established Member
Yeah vortech makes a supercharger that boost it up about 100 hp and like 70 more tq. I think that would be the best mod but for a little under 4 grand that is out of the question right now.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Here's a pic.:thumbsup:
standard.jpg

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
I bought a used kit from a good guy and put it in myself. I got part of the kit for 1200, other part of the kit for 200, and about another 200 in misc. parts for the install/maintnance. Right around $1600 total. Took 1.5 days with a couple extra hands. You need someone else to help you, because as you can see there isn't much room to move around in the engine bay. Gives the car quite a bit more power, and a really cool whistle sound.

I don't know if there are any used kits out right now for sale, but there is a brand new one for sale on ceg for $3,000 shipped!

Users who are viewing this thread