Got my 05 CTS-V dyno tuned... vid & pics...

Epikmach

Established Member
I took the Caddy up to a local shop called AED last weekend to do a few pulls to see what type of power it was making, & what the A/F ratio was at. After we made 1 pull, I was very shocked to see that the car was only making 382 rwhp/363 rwtq SAE, & it had a EXTREMELY lean a/f ratio of 14.8 at WOT!!!!

Needless to say, the car was tuned incorrectly by a very popular shop that shall remain nameless, so it was time for a new tune. I then called Mark Romans who is a well known local LSX tuner here in Norcal & today he tuned the car at SVS R&D in Sacramento. On their superflow dyno with Mark's new tune, the car made a best pull of 420 rwhp/393 rwtq. I am very pleased with the numbers, & not only that, but the driveability is a million times better than it previously was with the old tune.

Just as a refresher, the only engine mods are a Flowtech Cam (228/232 duration. 111 LSA, 612 intake/600 exhaust), B&B 1 3/4 Longtubes, B&B 3" catless exhaust, 30lb Ford injectors, & a drop in K&N filter.

MarkRomandynotune.jpg

CTSVonthedyno.jpg

Last edited:

Epikmach

Established Member
Nice numbers, I bet you feel a big difference with the new tune.

Thanks. Since its pouring down rain today, & all next week, I wont get to feel the power gains for a while, but the overall driveability is a night & day difference. Even at idle it sounds smoother. The "other" shop did a horrible job of tuning it.

Predatorbird

Established Member
I also like that it has a B&B exhaust on there instead of the more common Corsa or Borla. It's a great sounding exhaust system that I think gets overlooked.

Epikmach

Established Member
very nice numbers! TINT THOSE WINDOWS!!

Thanks. I keep planning on getting it tinted & then something else will come up that takes my funds away LOL...

I also like that it has a B&B exhaust on there instead of the more common Corsa or Borla. It's a great sounding exhaust system that I think gets overlooked.

Thanks. I love the B&B exhaust, BUT it does have a TON of drone below 2000 rpm's. Its very high quality though.

DougNuts

'18 F150
Established Member
Nice! I just bought a completely stock '04 in silver. What systems are used to tune these cars? I have done very little research on them so far, I just know they respond well to mods. :)

IMG_1183.jpg

Epikmach

Established Member
Nice! I just bought a completely stock '04 in silver. What systems are used to tune these cars? I have done very little research on them so far, I just know they respond well to mods. :)

IMG_1183.jpg

Thanks. I'm pretty sure the tuner used HP Tuners program. They respond VERY well. My buddies V with a catback & intake made 352 rwhp, so you can see the difference a healthy cam & full exhaust makes.

Great numbers! Starting to see alot of CTS V's with work.
You guys should start a car club like "GEEZER RACING".:beer:

Thanks. Geezer racing LOL. These are definitely a grown man type of car...

Nice numbers, that car must rip!

Thanks. Its been pouring down rain since I got it tuned so I havent even got to test it yet, but it even ripped with the old tune, so I'm sure it will be a VERY noticeable difference with the current tune...

I love those CTS-V's. Glad to hear you're happy with the new tune!

Thank you:beer:

you should get a nitrous kit for that bitch. A 100-150shot would make that car a hoss!!! :)

Yeah, that would be crazy. I have entertained the thought, but I really don't want to break anything else. These cars have VERY weak rear ends...

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
Get a progressive controller & you would be Golden. My buddy has one with a bunch of goodies & a bottle. It's no joke. He shut up a few stout cars with it, easily. :) He was at around 500hp/515trq then, last I heard he was in the 550-575hp area. It can be done.

Epikmach

Established Member
Get a progressive controller & you would be Golden. My buddy has one with a bunch of goodies & a bottle. It's no joke. He shut up a few stout cars with it, easily. :) He was at around 500hp/515trq then, last I heard he was in the 550-575hp area. It can be done.

Interesting. Excuse my ignorance, but what is a progressive controller?

Awesome man!! So did you sell your Mach 1 then?

Thanks... Yup, sold the mach about a month ago to purchase this. I loved the Mach, but I can't really say I miss it after taking posession of the V...:rockon:

BTW, saw your car at AED last weekend, its lookin good as usual...:beer:

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
Interesting. Excuse my ignorance, but what is a progressive controller?

Thanks... Yup, sold the mach about a month ago to purchase this. I loved the Mach, but I can't really say I miss it after taking posession of the V...:rockon:

BTW, saw your car at AED last weekend, its lookin good as usual...:beer:

progressive controller basically rolls the nitrous in ...i.e..starts at 50hp and will take like 2-3 seconds to get to 150hp

here's an expensive one but you get the idea

Edelbrock 71900 - Edelbrock Progressive Nitrous Controllers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Users who are viewing this thread