rsIMG_0094.jpg

rsIMG_0095.jpg

SvtSmitty

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
looks good! put that puppy in! it aint hard at all...just takes about 2-3hours

yup...... this Saturday this puppy is going on

themadgmkillr said:
that looks amazing who did it....? and how much....?

It was ported by Jim Dedden i believe his user name on these forums is Orangeblast not positive though i know his email is [email protected] and i can say from my experience with him is he does exellent work and great on communication. it was 400 to have him port it and he cuts bottom off and tig welds it back on
Thermal coating was done by a guy at work,his brother has a powdercoating business and he only charged me 50 because i waited until he had another job using same thermal coating it took a few weeks but price was right

jd93gt

Established Member
Very nice!! It looks like a clean cut and weld. I like the look of the thermal coating. This thread is getting saved for when I do mine....

Did he grind the intake tunnels to the point where he had to go back and fill the holes that the fuel rails bolt to? It's common for porting of the 01 cobra intake, but it's hard to find shorter bolts.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
jd93gt said:
Did he grind the intake tunnels to the point where he had to go back and fill the holes that the fuel rails bolt to? It's common for porting of the 01 cobra intake, but it's hard to find shorter bolts.

No reason you can't just put some RTV on the stock bolts and screw them in there and forget about it.

jd93gt

Established Member
viperbluelx said:
No reason you can't just put some RTV on the stock bolts and screw them in there and forget about it.
They typically remove so much material on the opposite side of the screw holes that the holes then go all the way through to the intake ports. So they fill with epoxy and you have to use shorter screws so you dont push the epoxy out when you screw the fuel rails down.

Users who are viewing this thread