Got killed. Video inside! Boost vs boost.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Sorry I couldnt add any info, my iphone hates this new server.

My car has some bolt-ons but the jist is its a beefcake special paxton kit, stock pulley, ect. 3.31 gears and a 28.5" tall rear..my third gear rolls out to 112+mph give or take a few lol. Tuned at 15* max timing and it holds 11.3 ish a/f WOT..so I think thats pretty tame and safe with these motors?!

I spin on the hit which you can see if you watch closely and the other driver hits it micro seconds before I do.. Not that it would of changed the outcome much but it would of been even until 4th gear when he clearly yanks. This run he did not brake boost...the first run was much worse than this...lol I had no idea you could make a LT1 this fast but its a fully built stroker, 378ci, with a big ass turbo, 75mm...he said 560 rwhp and 3400lbs. With those numbers this seems legit. I'm around 590hp and 3800lbs. My car is a fully loaded premium + glass roof and way down on tq compared to his set-up. I'd be lucky to break 490..

The rear lights you see on my seat/head are from a bolt-on/tune GTR and I think a C6 ZO6 with bolt-ons, cam, and tuned. They very slowly falling back.. All in all it was tons of fun and we both surprised each other. They were shocked how quick my car was, the GTR owner said its the quickest Mustang he's ever seen. I'm guessing the 5.0's..? Couldn't believe I was on a bone stock motor/intake/headers ect and the stock 3.8 blower pulley.

Now I need a waste gate and a smaller pully capped at ~9.5lbs. Ditch some more weight and get a re-tune. I was kinda mad I lost because its the first racing I've done since I put the blower on it. Ionly have 500+ miles on the set-up and not alot seat time with this much power. I'd love e-85 since Its at almost every pump here but I'm not buying a $1400 fuel system to run a different gas. Thats crazy lol Someone needs to make a drop-in hat/pump for people on stock engine who want to run alternate fuels and stay under 650rwhp.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Nice race, both cars sounded awesome :)

Probably banned at LS1 tech.

Lol that's good.

True blue, what's your setup and how long have you been on it? I was thinking of buying a wastegate, capping at 9.5-10psi and throwing the harmonic balancer on it. That adds 2psi I was told and it'll be better for the engine. Also then I keep my blower warranty. How are you running e85?! My car has billet oil pump gears and in 4th I was around there when I went to 5th.

My cars loud as hell with the outlaws and jegs cat deletes but this guys car was insanity haha

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Good running LT1s are few and far between, but it seems like when the combo is right they rip. We have a couple LT1 F bodies here in town that are no joke. Full weight street cars that run mid 9s with just a small shot.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Lol that's good.

True blue, what's your setup and how long have you been on it? I was thinking of buying a wastegate, capping at 9.5-10psi and throwing the harmonic balancer on it. That adds 2psi I was told and it'll be better for the engine. Also then I keep my blower warranty. How are you running e85?! My car has billet oil pump gears and in 4th I was around there when I went to 5th.

My cars loud as hell with the outlaws and jegs cat deletes but this guys car was insanity haha

My mods are in my sig, I have about 4k miles on it so far. E85 will get you another 60+whp on the boost your at right now. Since your at sea level you may need a fuel system. not sure. Up here in the mountains we can get away with a stock pump on E85.

FiveSlow

Established Member
True blue gotcha yeah I'm at around 600ft above sea, can't do it without a fuel system and I'm not blowing $1400 to change fuels.. Maybe if they had a drop in hat/pump I bite because the rails and lines aren't the issue. This car was insane. I know I'm tuned safe but I trap 130+ in 50* air like we had that night. For all I know it was ls swapped. Either way insane lol. I haven't really raced anything since my blower install, a stock turbo SRT4 on 20psi dropping to 17...that was like he didn't even hit it lol...

Users who are viewing this thread