Got killed by a camaro (mach1 vs camaro)

Andrewmach1

Established Member
Coming home on rt 195 at about 845 I spot the tail lights of a camaro. Pull up next to him, couldn't really hear an exhaust, especially over mine. I glance over and he drops a gear and hits it. Unexpected to happen so soon I drop and punch it. He's long gone.

He rides the brakes and waves for me to slow down. I pull up next to him, we're at a 50-55 roll. My horn went dead last week, so he honks it off and we both hit. Dead even for about 2 car lengths, then he pulls about 5 lengths all of a sudden. At that point I had my passenger window down, and at WOT his exhaust was INSANLY loud, it hurt my ears and completely drowned out my exhaust.

Then I pull up next to him and he invites me to a local meet where they're street racing. I respectfully declined as I was driving home after a horrible engagement dinner with my fiancé in the car.

Not sure what mods he had, definitely had exhaust, and had gauges down his pillar. When I was next to him I could see them lit up. Unless Im mistaken, but pretty sure that's what it was.

I enjoyed it very much, made my night better. Even tho I got killed by a chevy -__-

btmach1

Whippled Sonic Blue
Established Member
With you being even for a bit and then him just pulling away all of a sudden... He was either boosted and was messing with you or he had nitrous and you got sprayed on!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
With you being even for a bit and then him just pulling away all of a sudden... He was either boosted and was messing with you or he had nitrous and you got sprayed on!

This. He possibly was spraying OP since he just TOOK off on you. glad you took the loss well and not bitching about it. Nice death and get that horn fixed bro :beer: :D

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

Andrewmach1

Established Member

He had something crazy goin on cuz he took off like I was standing still! It was a lot of fun. Wish I could've stopped and talked to him a bit to find out what he had into that car!

Andrewmach1

Established Member
This. He possibly was spraying OP since he just TOOK off on you. glad you took the loss well and not bitching about it. Nice death and get that horn fixed bro :beer: :D

Haha I never bitch about a loss, I respect any car that can move that fast. Some day I hope i have car that I'll be able to pull on someone like that. And I don't know whats wrong with my horn, some guy cut me off and ran a stop sign so I layed on the horn for a bit and after that it just stopped working. A fuse perhaps?

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Haha I never bitch about a loss, I respect any car that can move that fast. Some day I hope i have car that I'll be able to pull on someone like that. And I don't know whats wrong with my horn, some guy cut me off and ran a stop sign so I layed on the horn for a bit and after that it just stopped working. A fuse perhaps?

Yea I hope you didn't take that as me being a Dick but I've just seen/heard alot of excuses of why people lost from all makes and models of cars but you aren't one of them. Yea I feel the same way about respecting anything fast. Yea that might have been a fuse. :beer:

turd burglar

Established Member
With his exhaust getting crazy loud AND pulling like that, I'm betting boosted and he has his waste gates dumped, hence the sudden wrath of God sounding exhaust

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Camara is a slaw ca? Huh!:D

-------------------------------------

This is not directly towards you but it's on the subject of your comment. It's crazy how anyone can say that a mustang or Camaro can be slow when all it takes is money and driver experience and either car can be a straight beast.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Nice death! He was either spinning, spraying or playing... Either way sounds like it was pretty fast.

BigEag205

Established Member
With his exhaust getting crazy loud AND pulling like that, I'm betting boosted and he has his waste gates dumped, hence the sudden wrath of God sounding exhaust

:thumbsup: This seems to be the best explanation and what I was leaning towards when I read the OP. Atmospherically vented waste gates are ungodly, ear deafening, want to punch babies loud...ok maybe not that loud but they can be up there in the DB's and will vent in an instant, explaining how you said it came out of nowhere.

Built bowties all motor can be pretty dang mean alone. That being said, I haven't seen a boosted one in person nor do I think I want to...First hand against one in a race, not just yet at least. I'd love to watch it from the sidelines though! :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread