Got into an accident, need help finding good body shop in Dallas.

10thCobra

Established Member
Well, just as I was driving thru the parking lot at work and a co-worker backed up and hit me. :nonono: I saw the passenger side rear vent fly off, I was hoping that was all it hit, but I get out and see a huge scratch on the door and the rear quarter panel is scratched/dented. My luck...I haven't even made my first pmt. on it and just put the tags/license on last weekend! Oh, well, he's got ins. and I will be getting a claim number here real soon, so I need to find a good/repoutable body shop here in the North Dallas, TX area. I don't know if I should take it to a dealer or a paint shop. I bought the car brand new (03 silver metallic 10th) a month, now should I be worried about the paint not matching ? Any advice on good body shops in the area will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Parsons

Established Member
Originally posted by 10thCobra
Well, just as I was driving thru the parking lot at work and a co-worker backed up and hit me. :nonono: I saw the passenger side rear vent fly off, I was hoping that was all it hit, but I get out and see a huge scratch on the door and the rear quarter panel is scratched/dented. My luck...I haven't even made my first pmt. on it and just put the tags/license on last weekend! Oh, well, he's got ins. and I will be getting a claim number here real soon, so I need to find a good/repoutable body shop here in the North Dallas, TX area. I don't know if I should take it to a dealer or a paint shop. I bought the car brand new (03 silver metallic 10th) a month, now should I be worried about the paint not matching ? Any advice on good body shops in the area will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Man, that sucks. There was a post this morning about a guys car getting stolen before he made his first payment so it could be worse.

o3Edge777

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Well my stepdad works at bob tomes ford in Mckinney/ allen, and he is very good, he has worked there for 11 yrs now,
if you do take it to bob tomes ask for brett
Work hasnt been all taht great lately,

10thCobra

Established Member
Yep, I read that one, he's in Dallas too......

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I am not from Texas but for the love of God, do NOT have the dealership paint it. I had small damage from this and that on previous mustangs and had to have the dealer fix it, one in Florida and one in Washington and both times, they did HORRIBLE work. That's just my basis for recommending a professional body shop non dealer offiliated.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Same here, going with a dealership is hit or miss. Some are good, most suck. I had mine in from a lil accident, looked fine when I picked it up, then the primer they used *shrank back* so you could see all lines they made when they fixed it. Had to get it wetsanded, looks good now, thank god. I'd go look for a reputable autobody shop.

10thCobra

Established Member
I have heard the same thing about dealers, I'm originally from san antonio, and I have heard bad things about the dealer body shop there but I haven't heard anything about them here in Dallas. Any good bodyshops around here ?

crimecrusher

Established Member
Quality Body Shop in Austin, Texas does outstanding work. They specialize in fixing dealership screw up from BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus. They fixed my wife's BMW and our Maxima. No one could tell it was ever fixed. Note even when we traded it in.

I refered a friend to them with a Lexus and she said they were highly recomended on the Lexus forums.

Ask for Rickie...(He is my next door nieghbor and I married his sister).

B-O-B'03

Established Member
A good friend of mine was working at Tony's body shop, on Emerald, just off Royale and I35.

He was the best painter I have ever seen.

Another firend was the GM at McKinney Dodge and he farmed his body work out to Tony's.

Check them out.

See if Todd Barr is still painting for them.

-Brian

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
I am not from Texas but for the love of God, do NOT have the dealership paint it. I had small damage from this and that on previous mustangs and had to have the dealer fix it, one in Florida and one in Washington

Which Washington dealer?

10thCobra

Established Member
Anybody know any reputable shops around here ? It's Monday, and I need to take it somewhere to be looked at. Thanks.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
So is he paying cash or using his insurance to cover it? I know a few just depends on how much money can be spent.

Last edited:

10thCobra

Established Member
He's insurance is paying for it, so money is no an issue, just the quality of the work is what matters the most now.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by 10thCobra
He's insurance is paying for it, so money is no an issue, just the quality of the work is what matters the most now.

STUART PAINT AND BODY
10660 Plano Rd
Dallas, TX 75238 (214) 221-6999

best place in dallas. Paints nothing but exotic cars.

Also New Concepts in Plano is good.

If I can recomend anything go check out stuarts shop and you will want them to paint it.

Users who are viewing this thread