got interior all wet, any way to dry?

mrmustangman357

Established Member
so on my 99 i left my windows cracked an inch and last night it rained real good. mostly the rear floorpans are soaked. I tried to get most of it with a towel but if i put a fist to it my knuckles get wet. Is there a way to get the water out without removing the carpet? dehumidifier?

Also, how do you remove the rear seat?

thanks, Brian

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
6a00e54ee38ef5883301156eff3100970c-800wi

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
haha..shamwow!

Seriously, shop vac or Car wash vac might be of some help.

I know you can rent some vacs at the grocery stores.

warpd

Established Member
I've done that before but I don't think its ever collected that much in my car. Normally I just leave all the windows down next day and the heat down here pretty much evaporates it all.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I'd also put a box of baking soda in the car at night to help absorb any moisture and musty odors. Set it on the pass floor board in a pan so if it spills it wont make a mess. Hope this helps.

oxw01svt

Established Member
to take the lower part of the rear seat out theres 2 buttons under the seat where the carpet meets the seat. just take a flat head screw driver and you can push the buttons in and the seat will come rite out.

01vert

Established Member
shop vac then run the car with the floor heat on full blast and the windows cracked about 1/4 inch. GIve it a few hours and the inside should be dry.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
to take the lower part of the rear seat out theres 2 buttons under the seat where the carpet meets the seat. just take a flat head screw driver and you can push the buttons in and the seat will come rite out.

Yep, PUSH the buttons in, do not PULL the buttons out. Don't ask me why I know this.

Charles236

Established Member
I would use the shop vac to pull out as much water as possible, then turn on the air conditioning to recirculate, set the temperature control to hot, and let it run for a while. I did the same thing once, and it is amazing how much water can come through a window that is left open just an inch. This was how I dried my car out, and it never developed any mildew smell or discloloration in the carpet.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Sun :shrug:

Ohhhhh. Rockford. Forget it. You don't know what the sun is.

sham Wow! is my best guess, then shop vac.

Users who are viewing this thread