Got her painted

Big Man

Fill r Up!
Established Member
p408.jpg

p410.jpg

I think it came out preaty good. :-D I have a Xcal 2 on the way and if it gets here by the end of the week, I'll put it on.

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
Looks bad ass. BDA1855, you may need all weekend to polish it. I didn't realize how much of a bear it was until I started. Then I gave up and painted mine black. Let us know how yours turns out. Here is a pics of mine:

blackblower7fb.jpg

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
I used high temp paint and high temp clear. Believe it or not I used a file on the Ford and SVT on the front to knock it down and get it smooth. Then I used a 9 volt battery as a sanding block and sanded it going finer and finer with the grit, finishing with 2000, 2500 and 3000. Then I topped it off with some polishing compound. I purchased a sanding / polishing kit from Sears and used it on my Dremel type tool to knock the rough stuff off of the ribs. A nice sharp file then helps smooth it out. Then before paint, I masked the ribs with 1/8 masking tape (purchased from an auto paint supply store). Then for the front letters, I dabbed just a small amount of vaseline on them so the paint would not stick as well and would be easier to remove. Then once it was painted I CAREFULLY used a razor blade to "cut" the paint off of the letters.

Users who are viewing this thread