Got codes scanned for CE light, someone help me out with what they mean please...

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
And also how to fix them...and or where to check...or how much its gonna cost me...

(These are what the tech wrote down it was kind of a side job so hopefully I understand what he's trying to say)

1516-Intake Manifold Runner Control Vehicle Harness Connector
1519-Same as above
1443 Evap Purge Control Valve Flow
P0136 Heated o2 Circuit Malfunction
P0156 Heated 02/bank 2 circuit malfunction

Any thoughts/comments?

Any feedback would be appreciated...I really want to get my Snake running right!!!

Anthony

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
UPDATE:

I went to Ford today, got a new IMRC sensor they wanted 171 dollars for that....and I got a new Evaporation Control Valve, they wanted 80 for that!!! So that was like 250 for that....

Thank god I have a friend on the inside for that, I got both for 111 and change...

I tipped the guy 10 bucks for his trouble, I'm thinking now I should of gave him 20 but ohwell...I'm happ

But if anyone has any other input, I'd be greatly appreciative...

Anthon

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
We've had other members that just had the IMRC box have a bad conection that caused the Intake Manifold Runner Control problem. They poped the intake and reconnected it and all was fine again.

As for the O2 circuit, have you added any MIL Eliminators with the offroad H pipe? Often the CE light will come on with an OR pipe, hence the reason Dallas Mustang came out with the MIL elims. I don't know if that is your problem though. It may be from a wire burning on the H pipe. It could be just worn out O2's. Any extra info you could give about this would help.

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Well, I have MIL's on the back o2's...I was thinking (but haven't checked yet) that it was the front ones...
I'm swapping out the IMRC sensor unit this morning, so hopefully that won't take me more then a couple hours...

I'll let you know how that goes and also if I can check the o2's today or not...

Thanks for the input tho...

Anthony

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The rear O2's are the ones that have the critical reading for emissions purposes. They are supposed to read around 400millivolts when all is well. The Mil elims have capacitors and resistors to keep that voltage regulated to that specific output. Unless they or your O2's are bad, your problem isn't there. The front O2's read the exhaust before any cats clean it, so they shouldn't be a worry, unless they are bad. They are more of a reference point to see how clean the exhaust is after filtering through the 4 cats.

scothew_gt

Established Member
To check the connection on my IMRC controller, what all is involved? Do I need to remove the entire upper and lower intake or just the upper part? I think that is what is causing my problem and I am trying to resolve it as cheaply as possible.

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Air box, upper plenium(sp), fuel rail, radiator hoses and bracket (will lose a little, but not much coolant) um...then pull the intake up and out and you'll see the box....mine was silver, my new one was black...

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
No I don't have a part number sorry, but you better no a ford person in the parts department, before I went to my hookup they wanted 170 for it...I got it for like 80 with my hookup...

So be prepared to spend a penny...

scothew_gt

Established Member
i may have to order it from out of town, but I may have a hook up. Do you think that I could get this replaced under extended warrenty? I may have to carry my car to a dealership about 75miles away, if the guy is willing to overlook my minor mods.

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Warrenty...hmm...maybe, I wonder though if there's a TSB about it...

something worth looking into on your part...

scothew_gt

Established Member
oh yeah forgot to reply to this... I am working with the sales manager at a local SVT dealer. he checked for me and no TSB's for the car at all other than the parking brake.

Users who are viewing this thread