got caught doing a burn out in public street.....

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
whats up guys this day sucked i was driving down the street from my house and am doing the speed limit when this guy pulls up and says let's see a burn out... i didn't think about nothing i just did it and took off the guy that asked me to do the burn out took off fast... next thing i see i look back and i see cop lights i got so freakd out. he told me are u stupid dumb or what.. i said stupid gave him my DL the cop went in the car came back about 3mins later and said expect a lot of paperwork in the mail but he didnt give me a citation... what could i expect?:shrug:

Last edited:

uncooked

Established Member
Seen some people get it by the foot..... Vandalism to public roadway or some crap. As well as a reckless driving ticket on top.

Dude that pulled up beside you was a dick, he was doing it on purpose i would hunt that bastard down :poke:

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
Seen some people get it by the foot..... Vandalism to public roadway or some crap. As well as a reckless driving ticket on top.

Dude that pulled up beside you was a dick, he was doing it on purpose i would hunt that bastard down :poke:

yeah the cop said got ur buddy's license plates am going after him but i dont know him next time i see him am going to drive my friend dump truck and hit him:rockon:...

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
man , i got cought doing a burnout. they put me in jail for the night. after i went to court, they droped the charges. he wasnt suppose to arrest me for burnouts. ha!ha! ***ers. but i have heard that they charge you by the lenght of the burnout. if he didnt give you a ticket right their & then. then the consequence shouldnt be too bad. i've never heard of a cop not giving a ticket right their & then.hmmm.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
man , i got cought doing a burnout. they put me in jail for the night. after i went to court, they droped the charges. he wasnt suppose to arrest me for burnouts. ha!ha! ***ers. but i have heard that they charge you by the lenght of the burnout. if he didnt give you a ticket right their & then. then the consequence shouldnt be too bad. i've never heard of a cop not giving a ticket right their & then.hmmm.

yeah i hope it's not that bad...

SVTGABE

Established Member
Sucks dude! Exhibition of speed my friend, happened to me in my h.s. days. Damn i feel old and im only 25!

Did you sign anything??

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Had a copper pull me over for barking 2nd once in the stang. I didn't even really break the speed limit. The street was a 55mph zone, and by the time I hit 55 I evened out and stayed at that speed. He pulled me over and gave me some bullshit about this and that, and I just kept reminding him of the unpaid day in court he'd be spending trying to convince a judge that barking 2nd on a service road with nobody else around constitutes exhibition of speed, attempting to incite street race (exhibition of speed), and wreckless driving.

Some cops are right for getting idiots off the road. Some of them are idiots themselves.

txyaloo

Established Member
Sucks dude! Exhibition of speed my friend, happened to me in my h.s. days. Damn i feel old and im only 25!

Did you sign anything??

Exhibition of acceleration isn't on the books in Texas anymore. Now, it's just wreckless driving.

this is why you always do it on private property with the permission of the property owner :p

Unfortunately, even that won't save you. You can get popped for wreckless driving even on private property since that is a criminal offense and not a civil/traffic offense.

I'm surprised the officer didn't write the OP a ticket. Was he in uniform, etc? If he took the time to pull you over and get your info, he should have had the time to issue a citation unless another more pressing call came in over the radio.

Bowhuntr11

I am a semi-n00b now..
Established Member
Unfortunately, even that won't save you. You can get popped for wreckless driving even on private property since that is a criminal offense and not a civil/traffic offense

I don't think you can get wreckless driving...But you could get a noise pollution or disturbing the peace.

Last edited:

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
In Fla, Private property is just that. They wont even go out if there is an accident on P.P, unless there are injuries.. Ask me how I know LOL(no it wasnt the L). I also got a ticket way way back(early 90's). I was turning on some black top in my Fairlane, which had posi in the back and its made a tiny chirp/chatter of the inside tire and got pulled over. Got cited for "starting from a stopped position" and no seat belt. Took it to court, Explained the car and the chirp, Judge asked the officer if it was a spin or chirp, officer told the truth, then asked about the belt, i told the court it was a 67 Fairlane 500 and didnt have shoulder belts. Got offf on both... Judge had a 66 Mustang so he knew the no shoulder belt deal wasnt BS.

Last edited:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Sucks you got pulled over for it, but you did do it at the stop light,stop sign so you had it coming. I did burnouts all the time up at work after I got off work and never once got in trouble. Hell our store manager never found out and when a Department head found out about it, he was going to wright me up for it. I said hey man, I was not on the clock so go screw yourself. Never once heard anything about it again.

txyaloo

Established Member
? Is that for Texas or something? I know here that is what it is considered.

He is incorrect. In Texas, spinning the tires would usually be wreckless driving or possibly unsafe start.

In Fla, Private property is just that. They wont even go out if there is an accident on P.P, unless there are injuries

This is completely false in Florida, Texas, or any other state. Yes, typically the police will not come investigate an accident on private property, but that is not the same as investigating a criminal offense. If you're beating your wife on private property, the police can and will come investigate, issue citations, or take someone to jail. The same thing goes for wreckless driving. It's a criminal, not traffic offense, and they can/will investigate and ticket someone for it.

dragonlightning

Established Member
I just said I'm learning how to drive stick or put in a new clutch i'm getting used to..

Although that didn't work when i grabbed 2nd and 3rd in the stang lol..
He was like, You miss shifted 2nd and 3rd? I was like dooh!!

Users who are viewing this thread