Got called out...

dragon40k

Established Member
"You and me 1 oct 2005, maplegroveraceway. I got
something for your ass and lets just say the only view
you'll see, is of the trunk of my car!"

My friend with a 99 Vette with Intake and Exhaust (and whatever from above) called me out in my 03 cobra with I/E.

I've beaten him soundly before .3-.5sec. question is what might he have that will make up all that time. He can't do the work himself either.
Should I just go ahead and Pully (2.93) it and get it tuned with a set of DR's? I don't really want to lose but If I lose thats another excuse to pully.
I am probably a better driver than he is. I'll also have a few more practice sessions as well. I think with a 1.9 60 or so I could get a 12.4-12.5 which is .8 seconds better than his best time.

Opinions?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Pulley, tune, DR,and some launch time you'll get him unless he did the 100hp nitrous on you.

dragon40k

Established Member
I told him that would be the easiest way to beat me was nitrous but he sounded like he totally feared it. He also mentione a twin turbo kit but theres no way thats happening in a month.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Doing the mods just to beat him or were you planning on them anyways? Might as well go ahead and do a pulley and tune. Suprise the socks off him. No ass blistering, though. Unless that's the kind of stuff you're into.

03'Darin

Established Member
dragon40k said:
"You and me 1 oct 2005, maplegroveraceway. I got
something for your ass and lets just say the only view
you'll see, is of the trunk of my car!"

My friend with a 99 Vette with Intake and Exhaust (and whatever from above) called me out in my 03 cobra with I/E.

I've beaten him soundly before .3-.5sec. question is what might he have that will make up all that time. He can't do the work himself either.
Should I just go ahead and Pully (2.93) it and get it tuned with a set of DR's? I don't really want to lose but If I lose thats another excuse to pully.
I am probably a better driver than he is. I'll also have a few more practice sessions as well. I think with a 1.9 60 or so I could get a 12.4-12.5 which is .8 seconds better than his best time.

Opinions?

Need any track practice? A couple of us guys are going to Maple Grove this Friday for grudge night. No eliminations, just get as many runs as you can get.

As far as beating your buddy, just call Kauffman's for a pulley and tune. You'll be good to go. :beer: I've got a 2.80 pulley sitting in my garage I'd sell you cheap and I'd even install it for ya'. :eek:

Darin

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
BF DIFF BRACE! You want to be able to drive home from this little event! (not towed) And launch easy with DR"s, many people have had some magical fairy on their shoulders when it came to launching hard on DR's with stock halfshafts, most others snap.
Pulley that thang!

dragon40k

Established Member
I WAS going to pully it anyway....I was just trying to wait as long as I could.
mike79
I've already broken a half shaft once so i'm pretty shy about the track in general. Those billetflow braces are realativly cheap considering the hassle it could save you.
Darin
Pushing the crack are you...Once I get a pully i'll let you know. Save myself money on the install. I might go this friday I was debating on going or not. It looks like the weather is really going to be nice.
Byrti
Your friend sounds like alot better driver than mine.

Users who are viewing this thread