Got back to the track

61mmstang94

Established Member
Went the past few weeks. Haven't been in over a year so the first weekend was a 16 second run and a couple ten second passes.

This weekend I launched harder and stayed in it for the whole pass compared to last weekend.

Launched at about 3000-rpm and was running 22 psi boost.

I have about 8-10 psi more I can run and with a harder launch I'm hoping for something close to 8.5 and 165. More boost with a better launch and cooler air temps in another month or so and I think it'll do it.

This is a 3300-lb 94 mustang on stock style suspension/wheel wells and a 331 and a turbo on a 10.5" wide slick. Car on the exterior is pretty much stock looking minus the parachute and wheels/tires.

60' 1.467
330' 3.851
1/8 5.790
Mph. 127.63
1000' 7.453
1/4 8.867
Mph. 160.31

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Engine/trans setup was in a daily driver a few years ago.

Since then I've put a bigger turbo on it and done some port work to the heads and had the short block rebuilt.

Got a good daily driver now and the cars just for the track even though it'd have no drivability issues if I wanted to drive it somewhere. Would be fun, and maybe one day I'll put tags back on it and cruise on nice days again but for now its all track.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Went back and now got a little faster.

Ran an 8.757 @ 162 mph still on same boost level as previous runs.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
The thing definitely moves... grab a gopro or borrow one from someone and get some vids. :)

61mmstang94

Established Member
The thing definitely moves... grab a gopro or borrow one from someone and get some vids. :)

Planning on it.

I've just got the car running again over the past several weeks after it had been wrecked so its also in need of some paint.

Got the body fixed up but the driver fender, driver rear quarter panel, and lower half of door are in primer so when its all pretty and painted again video will follow lol.

The one thing I happily upgraded after the wreck was the wheels from to a set of Billet Specialties which I didn't realize how much I liked until they were on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread