Got another package today

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Seems like everyday I get another package for the L :shrug: :coolman:

Thanks again Stan and DMP for the Meziere I/C pump and the guys at Lethal Performance for the electric water pump and Magnum Powers for the idler bracket and JLP for the overflow tank

IMG_0992.gif

IMG_0990.gif

IMG_0989.gif

Got bored last night so I powerwashed the under side of my Tahoe

IMG_0222.gif

Old motor and tranny

IMG_0200.gif

IMG_0201.gif

What does a Lightning frame look like powdercoated???????? Were about to find out, the cab is coming off this week and heading to the powder coaters and having the new Boyd's powder coated as well

IMG_0874-1.gif

Last edited:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
so here is my question for guys running big brake kits, how much clearence is there?? Not height wise but width wise, are the Wilwoods as wide as Brembos?? I'm planning on getting a set of Brembos but I might have to settle for Wilwoods or get new wheels

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
My stock 18's fit around the stage 2 14" rotor kit from TCE. The brembos will not clear the stock 18's IIRC.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Sweet new toys.

Nice garage too.

Does the Meziere Intercooler pump require a little "custom" fab for a mounting bracket?

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Watch running that overflow tank since it has no capability to degas the coolant. This is the main reason I have yet to install my polished moroso tank.

Nice Boyd's!

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Sweet new toys.

Nice garage too.

Does the Meziere Intercooler pump require a little "custom" fab for a mounting bracket?

I'm goping to check with Stan to see if it was supposed to, I bought the DMP monthly special

Hey Bic, did you get those rims from Casy?

Yes sir I did

My stock 18's fit around the stage 2 14" rotor kit from TCE. The brembos will not clear the stock 18's IIRC.

Thats what I thought, I might just look into the TCE kit

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Settle for Wilwoods? I'd run Todd's stuff before anything else, you can't beat TCE for the money and their performance is on par with anyone else.

You Canadians don't mess around! :rockon:

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Damn nice new toys. Love the garage too.
Good luck with putting all your new stuff on, can't wait to see the frame powdercoated.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Are you blacking out the Boyd's? Please tell me your not swapping the rear brakes out and won't be able to run 15" wheels Mike; your going to have one badazz and powerful truck when it's done and your going to need some good 15" slicks on it lol... Stan

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Are you blacking out the Boyd's? Please tell me your not swapping the rear brakes out and won't be able to run 15" wheels Mike; your going to have one badazz and powerful truck when it's done and your going to need some good 15" slicks on it lol... Stan

Mike is going for the Darth Vader look.

FordBoIE

Orgasm_donor
Established Member
i know for a fact that brembo 8piston calipers wont fit behind boyds wheels. :( I had them put on then the clearance issue f'd me over. Im going to go either harley rims or 20" lightning rims, havent decided. The brembos ALMOST fit with the factory 18"ers though, so the 20's i think will fit. IDK what it is but the 8piston brembos are just sick. Though i havent seen the wilwood set inperson, im stuck on trying to decide which big brake kit to do right now also. GL on the truck though :).

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member

Mike is going for the Darth Vader look.

Come to the Dark Side Luke

Actually I was thinking Bat mobile, maybe put a flame thrower on the tailgate, with the dashbubble triple gauge pod, overhead expy 2 gauge pod, loteck single gauge pod and the stock cluster it will feel like the batmobile with all of the electronics

Stan, I was thinking about that too after making the post, I think im going to try the TCE kit and shave down the rear caliper so I can run 15's, I'll leave the front alone, I'm too lazy to swap anything more than the rear tires at the track so I'll just run the 20's up front all the time

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I ran my 22's up front for a while at the track...

The shear size of the rotational mass kills your 60's. (Even if there light rims).
I could never better a 1.8 60' with my 22's up front, and that was with perfect track prep.....

FordFanStan

Established Member
Noooooooooooooo Mike. You know your going to regret it when your on the edge of a 9 second run and eed the skinnies to get there :poke: ... Stan

FordFanStan

Established Member
The M/P idler bracket is the only idler bracket that correctly locates the idler tensioner pulley on the drive side of the S/C pulley. It helps eliminate belt slip like the Metco brackets, only 10x better hahaha all you Metco bracket owners. Basically it locates the tensioner pulley to he lower left of the S/C pulley, while the Metco bracket locates the tensioner pulley on the lower right... Stan

Users who are viewing this thread