Got an Xbox 360

Tarp02GT

I LOVE JESSICA ALBA
Established Member
Well I got an Xbox today. I bought the system and extra controller and 3 games. The games are COD2, Need for speed MW and NBA 2K6. I gotta say its is very very nive. I really like all 3 games. The attention to detail in NBA2K6 is just amazing! NFSMW is a lot of fun. It is def not a simulation racer but pure arcade. and COD2 I am just blown away. The system seems like a good product to me. It has a lot of Extras to include the media system. I havent really gotten into that yet but it seems pretty cool. Anyways if anyone was debating buying one I would recommend it, especially if you might like the games I just mentioned. Anyone else have one that might want to add some comments about thiers?

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
My buddy got one this morning also. He camped out all night at Best Buy though :rolleyes:

Screw that. I'll wait. Prices will come down when the PS3 comes out. And once there has been a good comparison, I'll decide which one I want to get.

inteller

Established Member
i'll just wait for the prices to come down. There is no way the PS3 can compete feature for feature. They are giving you Xbox Live FOR FREE! How can the PS3 compete with that?

ZyX2323

Established Member
inteller said:
i'll just wait for the prices to come down. There is no way the PS3 can compete feature for feature. They are giving you Xbox Live FOR FREE! How can the PS3 compete with that?

-No one knows what Sony will do unless you made up your mind before even knowning what Sony will do? Also with the internet they know it better then most (SOE: Everquest, StarWars Galaxies and many more that handle millions of people daily).
-Live is not free, You only get a Month Free of Gold (For Online Play and more), You get a year of silver which gives you access to download demo and game you pay for as well. No online play...

ZyX2323

PS - Thread has been done already: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236455

Supernova

Established Member
Stang Lover said:
ps3 > 360
I love posts like this, especially since you can actually BUY and PLAY an Xbox 360, and Sony has yet to even show a PLAYABLE DEMO for the PS3. :rollseyes

Tarp02GT

I LOVE JESSICA ALBA
Established Member
I think PS3 will be a lot of fun as well but that is kind of dumb. Thats like bringing your time slip to a real race. You can play the 360 right now and the ps3 all you can do is paper race it.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
My buddy got one this morning also. He camped out all night at Best Buy though :rolleyes:

I rolled by Best Buy Saturday night on my way home. It was pouring rain, and there were still loads of tents outside. :kaboom: I went home and jumped in the bed with my girl.. I think I got the better deal. ;-)

Maybe after the holiday's I'll look into getting a box, but I won't fight hard for it. I liked PS2 more then the 1st Xbox, but maybe Microsoft will win me over this time around.

Tarp02GT

I LOVE JESSICA ALBA
Established Member
I camped out which I though would SUCK, turned out to be pretty fun. Mind you I am in Texas so weather wasnt to bad. What made it fun were the people. The guy right next to me brought his tv and ps2. We played NCAA 06 and watched movies and stuff. Plus when it got cold I went and watched a movie in my car with the heater!
I even ended up leaving with a girl's number.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Yeah, I guess they even had a couple BB employees up all night with them to take roll call every 3 hours to make sure you were still there. I know the box is cool and everything, but I don't think it's worth losing a night of sleep over. He bought the Platinum for $430 out the door and plans on putting it on Ebay for a one day auction on Wednesday afternoon. He is offering overnight shipping so they will receive it on Friday. I bet he will get over a grand for it from some last minute parent who wants it for his kid.

SteveChris

Established Member
i got a coworker lookin to buy an xbox360 box, he wants to add stuff he bought his brother into the box to fool him. if anyone wants to add it on ebay (to be safe) then let me know how much you want for it. just the empty box

inteller

Established Member
i guess your coworker wants to die.

with kids killing fathers over bad grades, I could see brothers killing brothers over getting cruel Xbox 360 jokes played on them.

ZyX2323

Established Member
inteller said:
sounds free to me. :shrug:

Just about everything you Download you have to Pay for, Like the Arcade Games and other Games, There are No Full Games or Online Game play that is free... Really without Gold all you mainly get it Free Advertizing...

ZyX2323

inteller

Established Member
well, considering you have to pay on the current Xbox just to sign on, I think this is an improvement.

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
esqeddy said:
Screw that. I'll wait. Prices will come down when the PS3 comes out. And once there has been a good comparison, I'll decide which one I want to get.

PS3 for me for sure if they come out with GT5 and a wheel. :)

inteller

Established Member
dude, GT4 sucked because it had NO online play. If you like wanking your pud by yourself then GT5 will be great for you.

Users who are viewing this thread