Got an RWTD tune and FIPK2..

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Got a RWTD tune and FIPK2..

I ordered a custom tune from RWTD and Xcal2 to get rid of my CEL for my rear 02 sensors. WOW! James hooked it up! He has some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with by far :beer: . He made me 2 tunes, one for 91 octane gas and one for 93. Loaded the tunes on the Xcal2 and got it out the same day, I received it the next. As far as the tune goes, I felt a noticeable difference after uploading it. The idle didn't jump around as it did before. Also the tires break loose a lot easier in 2nd and I could chirp 3rd with less effort.

Just before loading James' tune I swapped the K&N FIPK2 kit in for my K&N drop-in, so I'm not sure how much of the gains came from the K&N or the new tune. Though I do know on my other 99 Cobra, the addition of a FIPK2 kit didnt do nearly as much. The reason I decided to go with the K&N over the JLT was simply the fact that I have a STB and didn't wanna take it off.

Soooo... for all who have a STB, consider the K&N FIPK2 kit. You can keep your brace and have a clean intake. Below are some shitty pix taken on my camera phone at a local gas station.

Image354.jpg

Image353.jpg

Last edited:

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
I was trying to schedule an appointment with powertrain dynamics but couldnt get a hold of them. I'm going to schedule a session soon at Powertrain or another local place and I'll post the results. :)

Last edited:

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
A/F was about 14 @ WOT on the dyno. I had some pinging at WOT over 4k rpms but I think James' baseline tune was off, not his error. I had Greg @ RET dyno tune it and I now have a A/F ratio of 13 across the board.

Thanks to both tuners for great service!

wallie40

Established Member
Greg is a great tuner too, i used steve @ powertrain. You need to email him. That is the best way to reach him.

Congrats.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Thanks Wallie!.. Cant wait to see you at the next cruise bro..

As far as numbers go, after driving 45 min to RET and 12 or so dyno pulls to get my a/f right, my car put down 289rwhp/285tq on shitty 91 octane cali fuel. I think once Greg gets his fans in and my car has time to cool I'll be close to the 295hp mark.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread