Got a WRX (PSA)

4a7191a

Established Member
I'd never want one. For the love of God sale it quick. Kids that can't afford evos love them for some reason.
Then after the maintenance on one of them they will never be able to afford a nice car, house , ECT....

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I had an 06 WRX STi for about a year a LONG time ago (maybe in 2008). Fun to play with but didn't care for the boy racer ricer crowd.

Blades

Established Member
Even better.. this has a bunch of STi parts (transmission for sure) and who knows what else.. I'm tempted to go down this rabbit hole.. Hell, I at least have to wait until I get my license plate in the mail to sell it.. This is what happens when you whimsically bid on eBay.. I'm probably the only one that does that.. If only the Ford dealer played ball on the Focus RS I was looking at.. 43k was a bit much for what it is. Getting tangential, I'll post any updates.. Maybe the big plot twist is that this won't be a mess of a car.

_Snake_

Established Member
Even better.. this has a bunch of STi parts (transmission for sure) and who knows what else.. I'm tempted to go down this rabbit hole.. Hell, I at least have to wait until I get my license plate in the mail to sell it.. This is what happens when you whimsically bid on eBay.. I'm probably the only one that does that.. If only the Ford dealer played ball on the Focus RS I was looking at.. 43k was a bit much for what it is. Getting tangential, I'll post any updates.. Maybe the big plot twist is that this won't be a mess of a car.

That’s the spirit!

(good luck!)

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I have been considering going with a WRX from 2002-2006. All of these comments have me reconsidering.

Blades

Established Member
Sell it, don't waste $
I don't think I know how to sell a car... hence the ever growing list. My garage really 'enables' this problem.

I have been considering going with a WRX from 2002-2006. All of these comments have me reconsidering.
Do it anyway.. DSMs are rare in working condition (and plentiful in shitty condition).. Evos are too expensive.. That's the "buy a WRX logic". I just happened to get a bit of a mess. "My" car has 89k miles.. body and interior in _great_ condition. I think it was set up for autocross. Just don't get a rustbucket.. I really don't care if the motor is toast (it doesn't seem like it). Apparently, these shortblocks are extremely cheap. This mess really feeds my appetite for puzzles. So I think it could be fun. That's the upbeat part of my brain talking..

Rare40th

Established Member
Any other pics of it? I own a 15 but have always wanted a Blob Eye Sti.
Blocks are decently cheap and the ringlands/head gasket is a common issue amongst wrx's/sti's.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I used to work with a guy that had a WRX in that same generation with a STI drivetrain in it, he ran rotella 15w40 in it and every day we left work he would pull it in the shop and top the oil off it was leaking so badly. He only worked there about a year and i swear he put at least 3 axles, a transmission, a differential, spark plugs, etc etc that thing couldn't stay running to save its life lol

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I absolutely loved my DD 2004 WRX. That was a fun little car that I honestly didn't care about. I would park it anywhere and not worry about it getting dinged or messed with. It is the last time that I didn't have a complete OCD feeling about a car. And it was solid in all weather and got great fuel mielage.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Buying a vehicle off Ebay is like sticking you ***k in a chick w/o a condom you never know what you never know you're gonna get.

Blades

Established Member
Was this recent? I've been seeing good discounts on them lately especially for left over 17's
Yep.. Very recent. It was a left over 2017.. I came in thinking I'd get one for under 40k, mid to high 30s. They had two. One of them had a nasty gouge in the front bumper (that seemed like it was painted over or just factory defect) and the other had a tire option that cost 2k (Michelin Pilot Sports are stock, these were the 'cups').

Blades

Established Member
You bought a modded used car and it has issues? I'm shocked!
eBay description made it seem like it was just a regular wrx with a front mount. Then again, it also said stuff like it was never raced. hahahaha. I knew the dice I was rolling. Like I said before, I'm happy the car is in great condition inside and out.. because these motors seem very cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread