got a ticket for a single car accident

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
really?? this is all you take away from this thread? you sound like a guy that would cry about not getting any positive comfort too. You may or may not get a ticket, it depends on the circumstances. I have been in two single car accidents in VA. one I got a ticket for the other I didn't.

YAY now I fee complete .... and positively comforted

Assuming there are no witnesses, what gives the cop the right to put blame on anybody, what gives them the right to say " well I think this happened, so your getting a ticket for failure to keep control" ?

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Assuming there are no witnesses, what gives the cop the right to put blame on anybody, what gives them the right to say " well I think this happened, so your getting a ticket for failure to keep control" ?

State law for starters...read the rest of the thread for your answer.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member

The mere fact that you failed to keep control of your vehicle in the first place and no other party was involved.

It has only been repeated in this thread ad nauseum... :dw:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Last edited:

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Yes.

And apparently, it boils down to whether or not the judge believes an officer is clairvoyant.

Or the state of Florida has different laws concerning single vehicle accidents. Or the citation for 'Careless Driving' issued in that case didn't meet the elements that the state law definition.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Remember a ticket is just an allegation, he is not assessing blame. The officer has training, education, and experience in these type of situations and therefore he can make an educated/informed assessment of the cause of the accident. If you dont agree you can go to court and refute the officer's allegations with facts and logic that support your side of things.

So, why did this accident occur? If not driver error, then what?

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
Remember a ticket is just an allegation, he is not assessing blame. The officer has training, education, and experience in these type of situations and therefore he can make an educated/informed assessment of the cause of the accident. If you dont agree you can go to court and refute the officer's allegations with facts and logic that support your side of things.

So, why did this accident occur? If not driver error, then what?

If it was an accident, whether the driving was during a burnout and lost control, or if he swerved to miss something and lost control, or if the tire blewout, etc.... what ever happened, why does blame have to be placed, I mean whether he was acting stupid or not he didn't know he was gonna end up in a ditch.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
If it was an accident, whether the driving was during a burnout and lost control, or if he swerved to miss something and lost control, or if the tire blewout, etc.... what ever happened, why does blame have to be placed, I mean whether he was acting stupid or not he didn't know he was gonna end up in a ditch.
. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: consider the ticket a
"reward" for being stupid. I really don't believe you think this. A tire blowing out would not likely reusult IMHO. But if you really think that doing a burnout, which would leave physical evidence, does not deserve a ticket you should stop postin in this section. It will not go well for you.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Not planning on ending up in a ditch is the accident portion. But the driving behavior that caused it was likely quite on purpose. As a society we all live by a set of rules meant to protect the general population from the misdeeds of others. Take the accident out of the equation and the driving that caused it is dangerous to others on the road.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member

In the example you gave replace the word "accident" with "negligence" and there is your answer. The Army replaced "accidental discharge" with "negligent discharge" for obvious reasons. Just in case you don't understand, if you do everything right, by the book, the weapon will not "accidentally" discharge. So, if you are driving, by the laws of the road, and you wreck, when LE gets there and can see no evidence of an accident they can only make the next conclusion, negligent driving. I would imagine that this is LE giving the driver the benefit of the doubt trying to find evidence that would lead them to believe that the driver was a victim of an accident.

I'm not a LEO nor do I claim to be. This is just an opinion.

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: consider the ticket a
"reward" for being stupid. I really don't believe you think this. A tire blowing out would not likely reusult IMHO. But if you really think that doing a burnout, which would leave physical evidence, does not deserve a ticket you should stop postin in this section. It will not go well for you.

Not giving a ticket to someone is not a reward, they got a damaged vehicle to deal with. What's wrong with doing burnouts? I paid for the tires, if I wanna have some fun with them who cares, just think of the marks made as added grip on the road

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Not Giving a ticket to someone is not a reward, they have a damaged vehicle to deal with. What's wrong with doing burnouts? I paid for the tires; if I want to have some fun with them, who cares, just think of the marks made as added grip on the road

Sorry. I was bored.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Having a damaged vehicle to deal with as a result of a blatant display of ignorant stupid is on the driver. It is illegal in every state to do a burnout on a public roadway. How you can think there is nothing wrong with it is beyond me.

Not giving a ticket to someone is not a reward, they got a damaged vehicle to deal with. What's wrong with doing burnouts? I paid for the tires, if I wanna have some fun with them who cares, just think of the marks made as added grip on the road

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
Having a damaged vehicle to deal with as a result of a blatant display of ignorant stupid is on the driver. It is illegal in every state to do a burnout on a public roadway. How you can think there is nothing wrong with it is beyond me.

Thats your opinion. I mean I don't go around do burnouts and acting stupid in public. But if I have the desire to act a fool when no one else is around then im gonna do it. What's so criminal ab a burnout? Destruction of government property? Thats the only reason I could see.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Lol, sorry my grammar is incorrect, I was illegally texting my post on my phone while driving

If true, be sure to make a thread about how mad you are that you got a ticket while texting and how you feel wronged by The Man.

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
If true, be sure to make a thread about how mad you are that you got a ticket while texting and how you feel wronged by The Man.

Does texting on the internet count? Or is just sms?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thats your opinion. I mean I don't go around do burnouts and acting stupid in public. But if I have the desire to act a fool when no one else is around then im gonna do it. What's so criminal ab a burnout? Destruction of government property? Thats the only reason I could see.

your profile says you are 23. I am betting you lied about your age in the mistaken belief that you couldn't be here unless you were over 18. by your most recent posts my money would be on you being 16 or 17 at best. so I am just going to leave you alone.

Users who are viewing this thread