Got a strange check engine code

blue4d

Established Member
P0125....Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control.

Put in a 160 degree thermostat over the summer. Last night was the first cool night here in florida. Any one ever had this code before?

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Its from the cooler thermostat , basically the car is just not warming up to where it thinks it needs to be. Not sure but probably be able to get your tuner to make adjustments for that.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You might want to install a little warmer thermostat for the next several months. Running that cold is not doing the motor any good.

chitowncobra

Established Member
Figure I'll put the stock one back in until next summer.
i have 160 thermostat and Lfp racing radiator, Lfp dual pass heat exchanger and Lfp resavior and my fan turn on at 160 and live in florida w/no problems had it on for 2 years. have your tuner check it.:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

beabout

Established Member
Ah, considering the conditions in Florida, semms to me like a sensor failure....

chitowncobra

Established Member
You might want to install a little warmer thermostat for the next several months. Running that cold is not doing the motor any good.
i have 160 % thermostat and Lfp racing radiator and Lfp dual pass H/exchanger and Lfp resovoir and my fans turn on at 160 % and redline radiatior additive. had this for 2 years no issues. it gets hot and humid here in florida.got keep the motor cool and happy!!!!:coolman::coolman::coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread