Got a Speeding Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I got a ST 18 over. I have talked to a lawyer and will request an oral recognizance bond to get it extended out a little, to pay him, CC and not recieve any points.

My question: Before I request the ORB can I ask the judge if the ticketing officer is in the courtroom and if he is not just plead not guilty? Or go w/ my first plan?

Thanks.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I got a ST 18 over. I have talked to a lawyer and will request an oral recognizance bond to get it extended out a little, to pay him, CC and not recieve any points.

My question: Before I request the ORB can I ask the judge if the ticketing officer is in the courtroom and if he is not just plead not guilty? Or go w/ my first plan?

Thanks.

what did the lawyer you are paying say?

megameGT500

Established Member
what did the lawyer you are paying say?

That the judge may or may not know who the TO is but the prosecutor would and he is prob not going to say until I plead.

But I wanted to know what LEO's from this forum have to say.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
That the judge may or may not know who the TO is but the prosecutor would and he is prob not going to say until I plead.

But I wanted to know what LEO's from this forum have to say.

The prosecutor will not call his witnesses until you state your plea.

BTW, ST is not a recognized abbreviation for speeding ticket.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Never mind Adam...

Go into the court and respectfully cite Washington vs Kenneth Pinyan, then request dismissal of the charge.

Last edited:

megameGT500

Established Member
Thanks,
But I am going to plead not guilty and request an oral recognizance bond to get my court date pushed back a couple weeks. Pay the lawyer his fee and the fine w/ court cost and be done with it. No points will be assessed to me. I played and I have to pay I thought I had an idea and I wanted to see if it might work. Obviously it was not going to.

megameGT500

Established Member
So you did look it up...

That's why I asked the question? So I could get a start point to do some research. I don't understand why I a getting such a hard time about this. If I was in SD I would understand. I am not complaining, not insulting unless I am being insulted, all I am doing is asking a question. It might be a dumb question to you but to me it's not.

megameGT500

Established Member
No my question was answered in post #4. Post #5 was a regurgitated version of post #4. If he would have answered the question without asking me what my lawyer said and it would have been the same it would told me that I really had no chance at what I was thinking. Asking me what my lawyer said had absolutely no point with respect to my original question and left me the impression that he really did not care to answer my question. And if that was the case, no answer from him would have been better.

megameGT500

Established Member
I trust my lawyer now.

Last edited:
lol Oh boy OP you need to chill man. Believe it or not these guys are very helpful in explaining a lot of things that they honestly don't have to go into detail about. You better get some thicker skin my friend.

megameGT500

Established Member
lol Oh boy OP you need to chill man. Believe it or not these guys are very helpful in explaining a lot of things that they honestly don't have to go into detail about. You better get some thicker skin my friend.

So, to you, all of the answers/comments are appropriate? They don't need to explain their answers? They can throw anything to the wall and hope it sticks. That's good to know. To me, you just defined a poser. It's not a matter of thick skin, it's a matter of respect. But you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
So, to you, all of the answers/comments are appropriate? They don't need to explain their answers? They can throw anything to the wall and hope it sticks. That's good to know. To me, you just defined a poser. It's not a matter of thick skin, it's a matter of respect. But you get what you pay for.

Nah I just don't think you get their sense of humor. Honestly man the remarks they've made, that you've taken personally, are pretty benign.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Unprofessionalism? :??:

No one is disrespecting you. But your posts are full of disrespect.

So let me get this straight, no one is allowed to ask questions in your thread?

You might just want to back out of this thread and pretend it never happened. You're digging yourself a hole you may not be able to climb out of.

slightly off topic...Lt. Z06 when did you become an attorney?

megameGT500

Established Member
Nah I just don't think you get their sense of humor. Honestly man the remarks they've made, that you've taken personally, are pretty benign.

To me this is serious. If I/them wanted to joke you would see LOL's all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread