got a question on dual pass heat exchanger

Rook

Established Member
i am in the middle of installing my dual pass heat exchanger and started wondering what mixture to put in it. im guessing a gallon would be good enough and it gets cold enough to really worry about. just dont want to put to much or not enough

and by the way friday going to get a tune and dyno so am ready to finally post my dyno sheet and numbers. going to be close to 590 with ported heaton and 8lb and stock upper.

joey_88

Established Member
I went with water wetter and 50/50 coolant. Hopefully this combo will keep your heatsoak at a minimum!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
unless you are getting stupid cold dude, just mix with the required amount (20/80 or whatever) and be done with it.
I cannot see a reason (unles syou are hitting DAMN low temps) to run more than needed.
Besides you gotta remember the more junk you add to your cooling loop the worse your cooling will be (no additive has better thermal properties than water..especially in high amounts)

wicked5_0

Established Member
so a gallon then rest water. dont know the compacity.

The owner's guide list the intercooler capacity as 4.2 quarts. I'm sure you will have a little more capacity with the new HE. Figure your percentages off of that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread