Got a question for you LEOs.

Superman750

Part-Timer
Established Member
Coming from the military, I receive(d) a lot of thank you's for my service. This has gotten me thinking. Most people look at LEOs with disdain, especially once the lights come on behind them. You men and women put your lives on the line everyday to protect the civilians in this nation. Seeing as I am about to be medically discharged from the military against my will, I will no longer be able to do my part. Unfortunately, no police department will hire me to become a LEO because I will be a liability. This brings me to my question. Is there anything that I can do to show respect, support, etc. for the local LEOs in the area? I know there are support the troops stickers that a person can put on their car, but is there anything for LEOs? I know I am only one person, but I would like to eventually get to the point where I can set up an event for LEOs in the area as a form of appreciation that the public can show for the service that you provide. Thanks guys and gals.

- Daniel

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Don't rule out becoming an LEO just because you are being medically discharged. I had a friend and fellow trooper here in VA that was medically discharged. He not only became a trooper after that, but is now a U.S.Marshall. So, give it a shot at a few agencies before you dismiss the notion that nobody would hire you.

As far as showing your support, just being an honest, law abiding citizen and an occasional thank you is all most of us LEO's would like to have in return. Random stuff is cool too. If I am in a drive thru off duty and see an LEO in line behind me, I pay for his/her food for them and get the drive thru person to say thank you to the LEO for me.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I agree with silver.

If you are physically able to complete minimum requirements you may not have an issue. Some Departments would be ok...some maybe not.

A simple thanks will go a long way as we don't hear that too often.

Thank you for your service. :beer:

FoxHoss

Established Member
+1 on this topic. LEO put there life on the line every day, I wish there was a better way to say thanks other than putting a sticker on my car or the occasional wave when passing in traffic

Superman750

Part-Timer
Established Member
Thank you for the suggestions. As for becoming a LEO myself, I was diagnosed with a progressive heart condition. Doctor says that I am not allowed to do anything that gets my heart rate up on a regular basis. Plus, I have a defibrillator.

Sent using Tapatalk.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Thank you for the suggestions. As for becoming a LEO myself, I was diagnosed with a progressive heart condition. Doctor says that I am not allowed to do anything that gets my heart rate up on a regular basis. Plus, I have a defibrillator.

Sent using Tapatalk.

That freaking sucks, and I'm sorry to hear. Thank you greatly for your service to the USA. There are all kind of non-sworn support/office jobs in law enforcement too. Maybe not as good as the action, but we always need the behind the scenes people to in order to do our jobs.

Dispatchers
Evidence Techs
Office Personnel
Polygraph Techs
Background Investigators

Jobs of these types are all things that can still get you into the law side of it.

mark95turbo

Established Member

Sent using Tapatalk.

Nice thread! Just be respectful towards LEO any time you have contact with them. This will go an amazingly long way with most LEO guys.

Thank you for serving! I am sorry to hear about your heart condition. :beer:

88 347 stroker

Established Member
thanks for your service. im going to throw a curve ball out there with the sticker thing. some crimanls dispise LEO's so much they make it there second job to get back at them. I know localy there was a few guys who would follow people/LEO's with blue line stickers/plates to there house and later commit burglarys or vandalize there POV. All for the shear fact they did not like LEO's. sometimes you can become a target for the smallest thing. We all appreciate your support but with anything your have to be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread