got a question for you all.

mike01svt

Established Member
Last night i ran an 03 vert twice. First time i was in second and he pulled me pretty bad, second time i was in first and he pulled me, but when i hit 4k i left him behind real bad. The question is about the blowers you all have, i dont make boost until 4k so i need to downshift in order for the boost to fly up, if you all are in second and just punch it at like 2k will you reach max boost? btw i am an 01 cobra with 9psi. the guy in the 03 was amazed that i pulled him that bad, because it was like he was standing still, i cant beleive it either, i thought he would kill me cuz of the instant boost thing.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Ya, we hit max boost very early in the RPM range. His torque is probably what pulled you quick along with hitting peak HP sooner than you.

(Of course I am assuming he has a pullied cobra)

Last edited:

mike01svt

Established Member
ahhhh....ok i see, thanks. It sucks for me becuase i need to downshift in order to get the rpms up, and you all can just punch it in any gear and have max boost... he said he was running 18psi... is that even possible?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by mike01svt
ahhhh....ok i see, thanks. It sucks for me becuase i need to downshift in order to get the rpms up, and you all can just punch it in any gear and have max boost... he said he was running 18psi... is that even possible?

Well, you cant just "punch" it in any gear so to speak. I mean punching it at 2500 rpm's in third gear won't get you anywhere quickly. The sweet spot seems to be punching it in second gear at 3800 rpm's (or first gear if you have the traction!).

18psi, on an Eaton?? Most people don't see any higher than 15psi on a pullied Eaton unless they have a lower and upper pulley combo. Even then, it isn't going to hold that kind of boost to redline like you will. It will slip, and the Eaton isn't even efficient enough to support more than 15psi without causing HP robbing heatsoak. If he has an upper pulley alone, I would say anywhere from 12-14 psi.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
i also don't think that a pullied cobra would get left behind that bad if you are only running 9psi. have a buddy that has a vortech supercharged 01 cobra at 11psi and i pull him from any gear including a dig... not by alot, but i pull him.

mike01svt

Established Member
Originally posted by niels04cobra
i also don't think that a pullied cobra would get left behind that bad if you are only running 9psi. have a buddy that has a vortech supercharged 01 cobra at 11psi and i pull him from any gear including a dig... not by alot, but i pull him.

your probably right... he showed me his eaton, but i have no idea what a stock pulley vs a aftermarket would look like... I am only on 9psi and making 480 at the wheels, so i only know what the other guy told me, thats the reason i came here. Also he did pull me when i was in second, but the next time around i went down to first and i pulled on him pretty bad.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Was there a cover over the pulleys? Cover probably means stock while no cover/pulley in view usually means modified.

Last edited:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Off topic here a little but I just had to chime in on your new avatar Juiced, and that made me laugh like an idiot. Maybe it will work!

mike01svt

Established Member
there was NO cover over the pulley!!! but i still think he lied... he said 18psi... and someone said earlier that isnt likely

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by BoneCrusher
Off topic here a little but I just had to chime in on your new avatar Juiced, and that made me laugh like an idiot. Maybe it will work!

LOL I hope it works!

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread