got a problem

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
ok i should of said something about this before but when i shift hard and fast i get this big "THUG" that seems to come from the rear(at least thats what feels like) i donno what it could be. doesn't "THUG" when i granny shift when driving hard or just crusing around town(not flooring it) any ideas? it is lowerd by the previous owner so i donno what srings. also last owner but in 3.73's if that helps any.....help guys! i don't wanna break my baby!

KazooGS-T

Established Member
It is either A) Control arms hitting the exhaust or B) Something in the rearend is messed up. Mine used to do it also, but my exhaust piping was binding on the control arms; after doing dumps it stopped.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
its not hitting exhaust pipes...xhaust pips wouldn't feel like the car is gonna break in half!....anyone else got an idea? help!

Last edited:

Blind

Established Member
could just be slapping the rearend onto the pinion snubber bumpstop above the diff, mine does that on hard 1-2 shifts, I need to trim the bumpstop a bit because of how much I lowered it.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
have you messed with the suspension any, ive rebuilt my entire suspension and mine does it, but when my car does it feels like the car is just loading back up after i take my foot off the gas to shift, mine only does it when im shifting hard and fast, I ehink its just the suspension locking up each time as I get traction??? anyone know

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My car did the exact same thing.
It's the trans mount. I replaced with a Energy Suspension piece.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
would it help if i just replace my tranny mounts? would a trans shop have those or what? i need to know please! and where can i buy them if not supplied at a tranny shop?

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I got that some thud every shift one pass when i was at the track, ended up being my car throwing fireballs out the exhaust...lol

Users who are viewing this thread