got a ported blower.....

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
i bought a ported blower from a member on here and it was not done by steggy like he stated. is it safe to bolt this on or did i take a sticking? would i have to have a new tune?

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Yes you need to get a new tune, also I would suggest ditching the 4# lower for a 6# lower.

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
yea thats what i had planned. that and a sct maf. i was just uncertain about the blower because i dont know who it was done by. it does have engraving on the bottom side but i dont know who it was done by. i got ma ass spanked by a stock 03 L the other night and its just confusing.but me and all my friends noticed that mine did not hardly"whine" at all. that kind of concerned me..any suggestions? possibly blower seizing up? my tuner also told me i had BAD beltslip which i know some is common. but he made it out to be like mine was worse than others...thanks for any input.

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
my main question is... is my blower possibly seizing up by what i described above? and if i put on the ported blower can i drive it? at least to get it tuned? i know that all it does is lower the boost temps.

TruBluLightning

Sellout
Established Member
I would check to see how much boost you are making. A properly ported blower with a 4lber should make 13-14lbs of boost. If not Check for belt slip and also make sure you do NOT have the boost bypass done manually. If you have a tune the tuner turns it off. I had to put my boost bypass system back to stock because it was causing boost leak with a manual AND a tuned out Boost bypass. Call and talk to Steig about it, he is the one that explained it to me.

Darknight

Established Member
TruBluLightning said:
I would check to see how much boost you are making. A properly ported blower with a 4lber should make 13-14lbs of boost. If not Check for belt slip and also make sure you do NOT have the boost bypass done manually. If you have a tune the tuner turns it off. I had to put my boost bypass system back to stock because it was causing boost leak with a manual AND a tuned out Boost bypass. Call and talk to Steig about it, he is the one that explained it to me.

I have all the sensors on the drivers side of the blower removed (including the boost bypass solenoid, but not that BAP sensor), should I put it back on? I have a ported blower as well and just want to make sure I'm not getting any boost leak. I believe it is turned off in my tune also.

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
im bolting on the blower tonight. i have tr6 plugs so plugs shouldnt be an issue. thanks for all the help guys. my truck makes 14-15#'s of boost right now but its cold weather so that thould be real close on a warmer day.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
that sucks that it wasnt ported by who it was represented to be ported by, but regardless you can install it and run it. i wouldnt suggest hammering on it until you get a tune though. also, put a #6 on there to spin it worth while. get a custom dyno tune and enjoy.

TruBluLightning

Sellout
Established Member
Darknight said:
I have all the sensors on the drivers side of the blower removed (including the boost bypass solenoid, but not that BAP sensor), should I put it back on? I have a ported blower as well and just want to make sure I'm not getting any boost leak. I believe it is turned off in my tune also.

Trust me if you were getting boost leak as bad as I was you would know it. Before the port job mine made 12 easy the after I could not barely make ten. After I talked to Steig and he had me look at a few things I went to Auto Zone and spent $.99 on some vaccum fittings and put it all back the way it came from the factory. Instantly I get 9lbs of boost charge then it shoots out to 14lbs very quickly. I really am not the best person to ask though. Call Steig and ask him to explain it better.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
There is some bogus info being given here. Or.. somewhat bogus.

You *may not* need a tune adjustment. It really depends on where you a/f's really are afterwards. ESPECIALLY if you spinning a 4lb lower.

A 4lb lower and my stage 2 port sees 16psi in ice cold air and 12ish in summer heat. Generally I push 14-15. The IAT2's measure 135 when I'm passing the 6lb guys at about the 1000ft mark.

:loser:

Rich

Last edited:

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Mine with a ported blower and a 6# pulley, I am hitting 16 on a regular basis. On a cold day I hit 17! That was bad a**, that's all I got to say.

Users who are viewing this thread