got a new tow vehicle (diesel content)

teamstorm02

Established Member
well after selling my f150 a about 2 years ago i really needed a tow vehicle so i bought this.. its a 05 f250 diesel.. dont have many pictures of it at the moment but the interior is mint! the rest of the truck was definitely taken care of. I already ordered a mrbp exhaust for it and ill be doing a 3'' lift and not sure what wheels and tires yet but i was thinking 20'' kmc badlands.. what do you guys think?

181008_10151558528600120_1039117504_n1_zps1bb0884b.jpg

fast ford brian

Established Member
By 05 a lot had changed on the 6.0 . It's a good motor . Just keep synthetic in it and put a coolant filter on and no towing on a race tune lol.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Nice truck! I also have an 05 with 6 in lift and 20x14s. Great truck mine has 85k miles and no issues

00BlackGT

Established Member
Niccce, I want an excursion with the 6L somethin bad! Id put smoked cab light covers on, idk why but that amber sticks out.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
just spend a few grand and fix the known issues and you will have a great truck. i have an 05' excursion with the 6.0 and i love it! congrats :beer:

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
Do the sinister diesel Bulletproof EGR cooler or just do the complete delete. Remember, if its 05 and up, you'll need a programmer to kill the CEL on those when you do an EGR delete.

teamstorm02

Established Member
Do the sinister diesel Bulletproof EGR cooler or just do the complete delete. Remember, if its 05 and up, you'll need a programmer to kill the CEL on those when you do an EGR delete.

yeah i was looking into getting the egr delete.. and thanks for the heads up, i might wait a bit before i get the both of those. not sure if i wanna throw a programmer on it without doing the head studs :shrug:

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
yeah i was looking into getting the egr delete.. and thanks for the heads up, i might wait a bit before i get the both of those. not sure if i wanna throw a programmer on it without doing the head studs :shrug:
Sinister has lifetime warranties on most of their products. When we were selling the delete kits and the BulletProof EGRCoolers we NEVER had one come back or not be able to be installed for any reason. Great company. If you sweet talk the girls who answer the phones you might be able to get them to send you a T-shirt and some decals. I know I managed to get a few sent but then again we were ordering 4-6 kits every 1-3 months depending on the weeks.

coposrv

Established Member
Welcome to the 6.0 club. Some preventative measures and she will be good to go for many miles. 22" super singles get my vote.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you're putting a 3" on her throw some 37's or bigger on it. Do not, I repeat, do not put 35's on that truck with a lift.

Good looking trucks by the way.

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
Nevermind the 6.0 haters! haha! Love my 2007! I'm running the SCT Livewire tuner/monitor. Nice to know all of the pids at a glance.

Good luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread