Got a new DD

andymarkv

Established Member
Yeahhh. Nooooo. A stick shift Subaru does not make it any funner. They are great dependable and reliable and get pretty darn good gas mileage but that’s it there’s no fun and Subaru together. No disrespect to the OP in anyway.
Ha! I totally hear what you're saying, but have to disagree.
If this has the 260hp 2.4 turbo, I think it would be a hoot to bang gears in. I fully realize it won't be fast, but slow cars can be fun, especially with the extra engagement of a manual.
Unfortunately in todays society, manuals don't take enough market share to make them viable.

SVTDarin

Established Member
Ha! I totally hear what you're saying, but have to disagree.
If this has the 260hp 2.4 turbo, I think it would be a hoot to bang gears in. I fully realize it won't be fast, but slow cars can be fun, especially with the extra engagement of a manual.
Unfortunately in todays society, manuals don't take enough market share to make them viable.
It has the 2.4 turbo engine and a different differential ratio than the other Outbacks so it's also the quickest. Almost bought an Explorer Timberline but $50K and it was slow, I think the Outback is 1.5 seconds quicker 0-60.
Done with manuals and DDs at 54 and a bad knee, it's an event to drive my 6 speed Bullitt.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
It has the 2.4 turbo engine and a different differential ratio than the other Outbacks so it's also the quickest. Almost bought an Explorer Timberline but $50K and it was slow, I think the Outback is 1.5 seconds quicker 0-60.
Done with manuals and DDs at 54 and a bad knee, it's an event to drive my 6 speed Bullitt.
I too have a bum knee, but mine it the right. Knee surgery is an option. It's not going to turn back the clock, but at 54 (I'm 58) give it some thought.... I'll be keeping an eye on those 2.4 turbo motors, because my new daily is coming soon. I expect to take some shit here too......

Blackoyote

Established Member
I oddly enjoy these things, my buddy ordered the Wilderness Edition in blue (essentially the one from the commercial) and I was shocked at how much car it was for the $38k it cost.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I too have a bum knee, but mine it the right. Knee surgery is an option. It's not going to turn back the clock, but at 54 (I'm 58) give it some thought.... I'll be keeping an eye on those 2.4 turbo motors, because my new daily is coming soon. I expect to take some shit here too......

I'm making toast right now and so wanna make an Archer joke to your old ass :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread