got a new 03 finally

03 SVT FINALLY

new SVT *****
Established Member
alright guys, finally got a 03 SVT after about 5yrs of trying.....was wanting some help on what to do/what brands ect with the stuff i'd like to do to modify this truck, it has shorty headers, a tune, 6lb pulley and thats about it.....
wanting to add a catback and looking for suggestions on brands that yall think sound good, and also wanting to lower it, atleast level the back. what's the best idea of leveling the back or lowering the whole truck??
and trying to find a set of 01-02 silver rims OEM or repros, any help?
thanks in advance guys, matt

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Congrats,
Five years of trying? There have been a lot of nice low mileage 03-04 Lightnings sold in the past five years you could have bought.
Get a set of JLP 4 inch drop shackles for the rear. That will drop the Lightning 2 inches in the rear. Cut a coil out of the front springs or buy some drop springs for the front. You will have to remove the pinion shims that are located on the leaf springs to keep a good pinion angle and have it drive vibration free.

03 SVT FINALLY

new SVT *****
Established Member
i assumed that, but thanks
i'll do it asap, and it has JBA shortys, and i was thinking about doing the magnaflows?
i have a blown/cammed 01 Mustang GT with long tubes, off road X and SLP LM1 and i wanted something a lil less "grrrrrr" haha

weld3z

Established Member
This should help

[ame=http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79116]M-3000-L Lowering Kit - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread