Got a job today!!!!!!!

tmaschm

Established Member
Yes it can be done in this terrible economy, 3 long months after graduation I finally got a job. I will be moving to the Dallas area in a few weeks. My job is located in Grand Prairie though. If anyone knows of some good places to live in that area let me know.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I live in Arlington and think it is just great. In between Grand Praire and Arlington is Dalworthington Gardens ( dont speed there, the cops will rape you alive unless you live there) which is known for being very pricey. You can pretty much live anywhere in south DFW, very easy city to commute around. That is of course if you want to remain relatively close to GP.

tmaschm

Established Member
I live in Arlington and think it is just great. In between Grand Praire and Arlington is Dalworthington Gardens ( dont speed there, the cops will rape you alive unless you live there) which is known for being very pricey. You can pretty much live anywhere in south DFW, very easy city to commute around. That is of course if you want to remain relatively close to GP.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I am not sure if I'll be able to afford a house in that area. I may just look for a townhouse or something. I wish I had some real estate mags. Anyways I am very fortunate to just have a job, and I thank God for that.

tmaschm

Established Member

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Dallas area? Mesquite is fairly decent, as is Terrell, i was just there this weekend for pinks all out and i liked it. A friend of mine is a recruiter down there. Plus Texas Motorplex in Ennis is about a 45 minute-1 hour drive from dallas

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
nice work! Lockheed is close to the top of places I want to work when I graduate. Any advice on who they like to hire or what your credentials are?

tmaschm

Established Member
nice work! Lockheed is close to the top of places I want to work when I graduate. Any advice on who they like to hire or what your credentials are?

I believe the company employs mostly scientist and engineers, so getting a degree in an engineering related field would be a start. I can also pm you some more about my exp if you want. I won't start work for 3 weeks or so, so I have some time to talk before I start moving.

Congrats man hard work does pay off.

Thanks dude!

Dallas area? Mesquite is fairly decent, as is Terrell, i was just there this weekend for pinks all out and i liked it. A friend of mine is a recruiter down there. Plus Texas Motorplex in Ennis is about a 45 minute-1 hour drive from dallas

Thanks man. Is Ennis the closest track to DFW?

Users who are viewing this thread