Got a hold of a Vortech V1. Fmu or upgrade fuel system?

96mystic#899

Established Member
Should i upgrade the fuel system?.....in tank pump, injectors, etc....or just go fmu. Opinions please. Motor is stock.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

ZeroDCX

Established Member
36lb/42lb injectors & 255LPH/320LPH fuel pump and you're set with a stock motor. Stay away from the FMU and get a tune. You're see better results and reliability.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
You will need to upgrade the engine internals long before concerning yourself about an upgraded/aftermarket FPR. The upgraded injectors, fuel pump and tune will take care of any fuel related issues when it comes to boosting these motors. You could always over-build your fuel system for later on down the road when the boost bug bites and you want more power though.

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
42lb injectors and a strong in-tank pump will take you well beyond the stock shortblock limits. I ran an Aeromotive FPR that fit the stock fuel rail back when I was on the stock system. My tuner said it made tuning a breeze compared to an fmu set-up.

whyxitx

Established Member
Good to know that i don't have to mess with the FMU when i put mine on... 42lb injectors, fuel pump and an aeromotive adjustable FPR will hopefully make it easy!!

I'll be running a V1 kit as well..

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Good to know that i don't have to mess with the FMU when i put mine on... 42lb injectors, fuel pump and an aeromotive adjustable FPR will hopefully make it easy!!

I'll be running a V1 kit as well..

The stock FPR is just fine with a stock shortblock. You're essentially wasting money considering its not as beneficial until you build the shortblock in order to produce more power thus requiring more fuel/fuel adjustment. Put that money towards building an intercooler setup for the centri, spend on an aftercooler and/or methanol setup. IATs can get pretty high, especially with the heat/humidity during the summer time, and detonation on stock motors is detrimental to their longevity. A blown motor makes a shiny upgraded FPR useless, IMHO.

But if you already have it, then why not.

Last edited:

whyxitx

Established Member
The stock FPR is just fine with a stock shortblock. You're essentially wasting money considering its not as beneficial until you build the shortblock in order to produce more power thus requiring more fuel/fuel adjustment. Put that money towards building an intercooler setup for the centri, spend on an aftercooler and/or methanol setup. IATs can get pretty high, especially with the heat/humidity during the summer time, and detonation on stock motors is detrimental to their longevity. A blown motor makes a shiny upgraded FPR useless, IMHO.

But if you already have it, then why not.
I think I picked it up for $25 a few years ago. It's been sitting in my box of things to put on when I put my blower on... I definitely need to look into doing an intercooler setup.

96mystic#899

Established Member
Thank you everyone for pointing me in the right direction

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

96mystic#899

Established Member
its getting close to my appt date for the install and i still haven't decided on the fuel system and injectors. someone suggested 60s and a walbro 450 with E85 capabilities just incase for the future. what do you think?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
its getting close to my appt date for the install and i still haven't decided on the fuel system and injectors. someone suggested 60s and a walbro 450 with E85 capabilities just incase for the future. what do you think?

I would NOT use 42's.. Old technology. Junk Injectors that aren't even made anymore..
Deka 60's or 80's.
Aeromotive or Walbro 340 lph intank.
I use 80's on everything.. Will never need to buy another set of injectors, regardless of fuel or upgrades. Idles like stock.

dynamo

Established Member
I would NOT use 42's.. Old technology. Junk Injectors that aren't even made anymore..
Deka 60's or 80's.
Aeromotive or Walbro 340 lph intank.
I use 80's on everything.. Will never need to buy another set of injectors, regardless of fuel or upgrades. Idles like stock.
Good day!
I think all the information I have read is good advice, however I wished I had talked to the man who tuned my car after I got everything installed. if you can speak with tuner before hand would be good.

96mystic#899

Established Member
Thank you all for the good advice. I went with 60lbs seimens deka injectors and an aeromotive 340. All new stuff too.

sent using nunya

Users who are viewing this thread