Got a build date and VIN today for my 03.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I called my dealer today to check on the delay rumor for satin silver 03's. I had seen people getting dates and VIN's that placed a deposit several days after I did and I was a little worried epsecially after I saw my 01 being driven away after selling it this Saturday. I am Cobraless. Guess there are a lot worse things in life. I've been on one heck of a lucky run this year. Time and time again I keep rolling sevens. I told my buddy the other day I ought to run up to VA and play the lottery the way my luck has been. My dealer called me back about 30 minutes later and says good news. My build date is 5/6 and the VIN is 1FAFP48Y03F300166. From what I've read, the last 4 digits are the build number. My luck is still holding up :D.

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
AHHHHH why cant i get my freakin vin #. I think my dealer is seriously jerking me around. I wouldnt mind a SS with a turbo kit. But still. i love the cobra

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Man, don't even think it. I went down to Best Buy Saturday after I sold my 01 and there is a large car dealer across the street. I'm not sure what he sells primarily, Lexus I think. Anyway, he has a lot of exclusive used cars on his lot. There are several C5's and he has one of the newer Vipers in the yellow color. I stopped in and looked at two of the C5's. They are nice cars. I thought the top on the vert was very cheap looking for a $50k car. The top on my 01 vert looked a lot better. I still don't like the squared off rear end or the eye shaped tail lights.

I thought about it for about 2 seconds. Then I thought, the 03 Cobra is a lot more exclusive, looks better IMO, will outrun any non-Z06 in a straight line and maybe good enough to stay even in the twisties, will be equal to the Z06 at the drag strip with a few mods, will hand a Z06 it's arse with several mods, and the top reason I'm holding out, it's a Ford :D . And the top reason I would not buy a C5 is everybody and his brother has one. Bring it on.

Last edited:

sndmixer

Established Member
Yellow.... got my vin today.... 0165... silver coupe, ordered 2/15/02 / build on 5/6.... our cars will be siblings!!!!

I am so psyched!!!!!!

fangstang

Established Member
Originally posted by sndmixer
Yellow.... got my vin today.... 0165... silver coupe, ordered 2/15/02 / build on 5/6.... our cars will be siblings!!!!

I am so psyched!!!!!!

Thats some weird shit! How the hell did you get your # first and I didnt if I ordered the same color at an earlier date! Shit like this makes me mad:mj:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
sndmixer, that's cool as hell. I wonder how long it will be for delivery. I think in NC they would deliver by truck I guess. Maybe rail. I'm thinking if I'm real lucky it would be before Memorial Day. We have a bunch going to the Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte and it would be bad as hell to drive that to the race. I'd give it a 1 in 4 chance though.

Users who are viewing this thread