Got a 2nd truck 05 FX4

DET_SVT02

Established Member
Just picked it up last night w/all the fixins. The L is getting up there in miles 48k so needed something new to take over as the DD. Its gorgeous inside: black leather capatin seats, supercab, adjustable pedals, power sliding rear window, 6 cd changer w/mp3, center console shifter, optional 35.7 gal tank. they even threw in a free remote starter. This truck rides like a dream but damn the throttle diffrence between the L and it is nite and day. Amazing what a few hundred pounds and no SC does. I didnt get it for performance so it doesnt matter im very happy w/its comfort and features and all the extra room.The L still sits resting in the garage waiting for its next meal :mj: .

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Sounds like a good DD...I hate knowing that the next vehicle I get will seem slow as crap to me

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Is it me or does that damn thing have some crazy torque management??

Nail it coming around the corner on some gravel or dirt road and the focker bogs down like my other car did with traction control. I am tempted to tune mine, but
I think I am going to get rid of it, or at least try to anyway.

Hell of a truck though

:pop:

YES they have a ****ed up torque management system. Plug in a superchip tuner and it makes a shitload diffrence. But thats what destroyed my first transmission.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
2004SVTLightnin said:
YES they have a ****ed up torque management system. Plug in a superchip tuner and it makes a shitload diffrence. But thats what destroyed my first transmission.

What the dealer have to say??

Thats what is the real concern. I would be so pissed if something fooked up and I had to pay for it. Especially cause I want to get rid of it cause I am really diggin the Fusion right now, just waiting for the dealer to get one in LOL....

If I decide to keep it I just might go with a CAI and SCT or something..

All i did was set it back to stock, dont tell them. Dont worry about a CAI. Just get a k&n filter with stock airbox. I have a flowmaster drag muffler with dual side exit like my L. Looks aight?

We might also buy the fusion too got has milege.

I picked up 12rwhp with a 93 octane tune and 25ft lbs. torque with the superchip programmer. Dont fool with the tranny adjustments, thats how I killed mine. The shifter firms with my big 4x4 didnt work out to well. I did a few 120+mph runs and it overheated and just started falling apart.

Users who are viewing this thread