got a $1200 1993 cobra

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
that is an incredible find, don't listen to that guy because i will give 1501 for it.... j/k

you can do little to it and turn a good profit but i would vote on restore.

scootro

Established Member
wow!!! nice price

is that a truck ac compressor????

I'm jealous! have fun restoring her!!!

stangbear427

Established Member
I think I'd rather put a cobra spec motor and body kit on a car that isn't worth anything than gut and hammer one that actually is, but that may be just me...

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Looks like the stock one, its just oddly discolored.

The compressor is a reman. unit..... its painted black and covered in oil build up. Prob. changed when they did the 134A conversion on it.

Just pressure washing the car under the hood for 10 minutes would make all the difference in the world.

stangbear427

Established Member
Steaming. Every time I've pressure washed under a hood, something has fragged up. Steaming now... that'll work miracles.

81malibu

WhiteakerMalibu
Established Member
Ya it needs a good cleaning,do you think I should keep it the same color or paint it something else,like a darker red or black?

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Steaming. Every time I've pressure washed under a hood, something has fragged up. Steaming now... that'll work miracles.

I pressure wash under the hood on all my cars that I sell and have never messed up anything. The wand spray pattern needs to be set correctly and you don't get super close to what you are washing... its all in the angle.

I had a steam washer for a few years... all it ever did was blow back burning hot water on me and melt/blow off all the paint on the engine parts.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Ya it needs a good cleaning,do you think I should keep it the same color or paint it something else,like a darker red or black?

Keep it the same color!!!!!!!!! Changing to a different shade/color will really hurt its value.

When the Vibrant Red/Performance Red is fresh it is a very nice color.

stangbear427

Established Member
Sounds like we both had our equipment set wrong. I've never had anything come back at me, and definitely never had anything melt or paint come off. Had all of the above happen with a pressure washer though. Guess we should both just stick to what we know, eh?

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Sounds like we both had our equipment set wrong. I've never had anything come back at me, and definitely never had anything melt or paint come off. Had all of the above happen with a pressure washer though. Guess we should both just stick to what we know, eh?

The blow back I am talking about happens with any pressurized liquid.... like when you hit a pocket on the motor or engine compartment and the water has no where to go but back at ya'..... with a steam washer its super hot water where as a pressure water its ambient temp.

I still use a steam cleaner on restoration projects that have heavy grease build up on the chassis or a on a motor/trans/rearend that is already removed and I am not concerned with blowing off the paint/finish.

No big deal.....Everybody has there preferred methods of cleaning :beer:

81malibu

WhiteakerMalibu
Established Member
Keep it the same color!!!!!!!!! Changing to a different shade/color will really hurt its value.

When the Vibrant Red/Performance Red is fresh it is a very nice color.

I know its vibrant red but dose any one know what the color code it is,if I go get it painted?

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I know its vibrant red but dose any one know what the color code it is,if I go get it painted?

Code: "ES" it will be on the door data sticker.

Vibrant Red ('93) and Performance Red ('94-'01) are the same thing just a name change... all code ES

Users who are viewing this thread