Gords Heat Exchanger Installed (Dialup warning)

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Raging Rio
im going to do the gords he soon, but im going to purchase a ford foglight switch for a 99GT to install in the "loose change holder" spont on the console......

anyone else tried that?
I assume for the fans, did you do this? any pics? I'm interested, especially with the free shipping on the Gords right now.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Raging Rio
im going to do the gords he soon, but im going to purchase a ford foglight switch for a 99GT to install in the "loose change holder" spont on the console......

anyone else tried that?
I just installed the Gords HE with fans. I used a FORD fog light switch in the center console in place of the change holder. I had a bit of trouble wiring it the way I wanted to. I'm not even 100% sure exactly how the switch worked in the other years, but I'm assuming the white fog light icon lit up when the headlights were turned on, and the amber light on the other side of the switch lit up when the fog lights were on. I took the switch apart, trying to figure out which pins did what, As best I can tell, that switch when used for it's intended purpose , supplies 12 volts to the lights, The little amber indicator light also gets 12 volts when the switch is turned on, (the contacts are linked together inside. For the HE fans, you do not want to supply 12 volts in this manner, the fans get their power from the relay, and this switch is only interrupting the ground wire (one wire) So, if you run 12 volts to the switch so the amber light works properly, then you are also supplying 12 volts to the ground wire from the relay, which is not correct. If you simply use the switch to break the ground to the relay, then you are not getting any voltage to the indicator lamp, this is what I ended up doing. I did wire the green fog lamp icon to the other instrument lights though, that lamp has a separate pair of contacts, although it is very dim. I just couldn't get the amber light to come on when the fans are on.

Users who are viewing this thread