GoPro Set up

Ryan427

Established Member
Hey guys,

Just got a Hero4 silver for Christmas and I'm curious as to what kind of setups everyone is using. I did a couple test runs on my car and the wind is something terrible even with the closed case. Are you guys using external mics or what? Really enjoying this camera, can't wait for better weather.

TClark22

Established Member
Yea the whole wind noise is god aweful but everything else on these gopros are great! I have a 3+ black and the picture is just outstanding but Gopro needs to look into somehow cutting out the wind noise with the mic.

I believe a lot of people are using external mics...I haven't gone that way yet because its just another wire to have dangling around. I want something that's either mount on gopro to reduce noise or wireless mic.

When I mount it on the rear bumper of my 04 GT then I get hardly any wind noise and the exhaust tone is picked up wonderfully but then its just looking at the people behind you. lol.

The one time I've use it at the track, I just mounting it to the inside of the windshield because I wanted not to hear wind the whole time. Its a good POV especially with the 1080 super view but I want to be able to mount it anywhere I want on the outside and get good noise from the exhaust or motor.

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Yea external mic is what your gonna want to get
Here is a compilation of some of my videos all with external mics. Enjoy the new camera! They are great
[video=youtube;1sv0Cz8c5W8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sv0Cz8c5W8&list=UUIYgfU2WICZmSkx6UQQFzPA&index=3[/video]

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
they also have a fury piece to stick over the back of the open case door thats supposed to help, I havent tried it yet. A couple of people here claimed it work decently well

Ryan427

Established Member
I think it's pro mic, they sell a pretty nice external mic but it requires you to have a border case and its bulky and held on with a rubber band. But with that said the mic has great sound and does a great job of minimizing the wind noise in the car videos I have watched.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
whats your external mic setup?

^^^ that external mic sounded great, and where do you put it? near the exhaust exits?

I think it's pro mic, they sell a pretty nice external mic but it requires you to have a border case and its bulky and held on with a rubber band. But with that said the mic has great sound and does a great job of minimizing the wind noise in the car videos I have watched.

I use my zoom H6 to record the audio and have a Rode NTG-3 shotgun mic. I put it right in between the exhaust pipes on the bumper. Any external mic that you plug directly into the camera will be way better than the gopro on board mics

F.D.Sako

Established Member
I use audio technica ATR-3350 with a USB-3.5mm adapter (90deg. usb for clearance) from ebay.

I like the ATR 3350, because it has a long cable and its own battery pack, for better sound quality.

At the track, I mount the gorpro to my helmet and tape the mic on the rocker panel close to the side pipe.
[video=youtube;1B9g1LWC1bM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B9g1LWC1bM[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread