GoPro Car Mounts

98SVTContour98

Established Member
What does everyone use when mounting their gopros (and the like) on the exterior of your cars?

Anyone have problems with certain "types"?

Thanks

cbj5259

Established Member
I've used the suction cup and never had any problems. I prefer to mount inside the car though.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Ok thanks...that's the kind I had but it fell off my rear bumper, thankfully I was still in the neighborhood and there was no damage. It felt tight and secure too.

I'll just stick to keeping it inside the car I guess unless I come across some other design.

JDAlphin

Established Member
Suction cup for me. Mine has seen the 200+ mph range on Doug Cline's TT Camaro. Aside from the actual camera starting to tilt backwards on the big end due to me not tightening down the camera completely, it stayed in place perfectly.

Kozak_SVT

Of Their Own Accord
Established Member
I keep mine inside with the suction cup and it stays on. Haven't tried outside but if most of those cars 1320video have loaded with gopros with the suction cups manage to hold on im pretty sure you'll be fine.

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
GoPro Suction cup inside works great , test wide view and normal to see what works for you .
Gopro outside makes you a target in Mexico

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
Ram Mounts. They're the best mounts on the market. I have a problem getting GoPro's to stay on my kart due to the vibrations at speed (karts don't have suspensions to absorb shock) so when I'm nearing 3G's around high speed bumpy corners other mounts have a tendency to go flying. My corner speeds are much higher than cars so if they stay on a kart they'll stay on your car. Since I switched to Ram Mounts I haven't had a single problem.

http://www.rammount.com/device/camera_wizard?cascade[make]=GoPro

Blown 89

Established Member
how about accessories for noise reduction?
You'll want to put a dead cat on the back of an open housing. It completely kills wind noise. I made one out of old 2" fur from a Halloween costume. Basically sew a microphone foam to the fur and then spray the housing with contact adhesive (don't spray the foam) then stick the foam to it. It takes 15 minutes to make and will kill noise better than the kits you can buy.

Untitled1.jpg

Here are a few videos of them in action (excuse the crappy driving, I've made big gains in the past two years). I've had them up to 100 mph and the difference is night and day.
[video=youtube;20RuBTFgtQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RuBTFgtQA&feature=youtu.be[/video]
[video=youtube;s6mZ1s1nIVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6mZ1s1nIVs[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread