Google Stock Split

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Im like 99% sure I am going to drop 10-15K on it. I'd love to get it at ~150$ a share and watch it go back to 2,500$ a share.
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see it split and sell for $150-175 a share, then jump to $1200-1500 within the first week.

A 'cheaper' share price opens the market for a lot more buyers to jump in.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My boss bought 100 shares at IPO. Not sure what that is worth now, but probably a good investment.

I've always believed in stock splits to maintain the psychological aspect of an affordable stock.

He turned $10k into $287k or so.

quad

Established Member
My boss bought 100 shares at IPO. Not sure what that is worth now, but probably a good investment.

I've always believed in stock splits to maintain the psychological aspect of an affordable stock.
Similar to 100 Ethereum. At peak though 100 ETH was worth almost double 100 Google Stocks. Yes Crypto is more volatile - for now. Tech stock also had their volatile moments back in the day.

Blown 89

Established Member

I called a friend before IPO and told him to invest. His exact words, "That's a stupid investment. They don't have any liquid assets". He dumped a few thousand into McDonalds instead. Moron.

The next call I made was to my mother to borrow money to pay my utility bill so I didn't have anything to invest. I distinctly remember both conversations and remind him of it every time he tries to dole out advise.

quad

Established Member
He turned $10k into $287k or so.
This is from back in October, probably best trade ever? Shiba Inu's price is now lower but that wallet still has to be over $1 billion I think.

A crypto wallet shows an investor made an $8,000 shiba inu coin purchase last year. Today, it is worth $5.7 billion.​

Check out this swap recorded in that wallet:
  • From Uniswap V2: Router 2To Uniswap V2: SHIB For 5.84 ($17,204.93)
    weth_28.png
    Wrapped Ethe... (WETH)
  • From Uniswap V2: SHIBTo 0x1406899696adb2fa7a95ea68e80d4f9c82fcdedd For 20,790,192,060,353.281135010506176535 ($456,136,813.80)
    shibatoken_32.png
    SHIBA INU (SHIB)

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is from back in October, probably best trade ever? Shiba Inu's price is now lower but that wallet still has to be over $1 billion I think.

A crypto wallet shows an investor made an $8,000 shiba inu coin purchase last year. Today, it is worth $5.7 billion.​

Check out this swap recorded in that wallet:

Yeah, that's absolutely nuts.

If that guy/gal/company cashed out, wouldn't it break SHIB?

quad

Established Member
Yeah, that's absolutely nuts.

If that guy/gal/company cashed out, wouldn't it break SHIB?
It would crash the price for sure. If Bezos cashed out a significant portion of his Amazon stock would it crash the price? You bet. Same goes for Tesla, Apple, Google etc.

The founders of those companies are HODLERS like Michael Saylor. They can't cash out all their stock because it would crash their companies. And make them liable for a lot of capital gains tax.

And they don't want to cash it all out anyway. Musk has said he'd rather go down with the ship than cash out when times are good. He may be the richest "acknowledged" individual (Trillionaire Rothschilds ? lol) but his liquid cash is much less than his net worth.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
absolutely… I’m thinking of putting it allllll into it.

At the end of the day.. unfortunately google is lord overseer…. Sooooo

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have to own a share to purchase it when it splits? Would it be worth it getting a share before it splits then you can receive 20 shares?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It would crash the price for sure. If Bezos cashed out a significant portion of his Amazon stock would it crash the price? You bet. Same goes for Tesla, Apple, Google etc.

The founders of those companies are HODLERS like Michael Saylor. They can't cash out all their stock because it would crash their companies. And make them liable for a lot of capital gains tax.

And they don't want to cash it all out anyway. Musk has said he'd rather go down with the ship than cash out when times are good. He may be the richest "acknowledged" individual (Trillionaire Rothschilds ? lol) but his liquid cash is much less than his net worth.

I think you took my question very defensively toward Crypto vs normal stocks.

I was purely curious.

Do you have to own a share to purchase it when it splits? Would it be worth it getting a share before it splits then you can receive 20 shares?

No, you can buy at the split.

I think so.

Adower

Established Member
Nope you don't have to own a share when it splits. However, if you do own a share then you'll get 20 shares for each 1 share you own, but the price of each share drops. Essentially you'll still have the same $ invested.

Some brokerages allow you to own fractional shares. However, mine does not. So I am just going to wait until it splits and I can buy at the lower price.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Does this mean you have to be in it already to get in at split?

Or just to be a part of split ?

Attachments

• FD3AFCA9-60F7-4285-8D38-EE784A4619B8.jpeg
    FD3AFCA9-60F7-4285-8D38-EE784A4619B8.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 48

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see it split and sell for $150-175 a share, then jump to $1200-1500 within the first week.

A 'cheaper' share price opens the market for a lot more buyers to jump in.

LOL
If you order a large pizza that has been cut into 8 pieces do you have less pizza than the same pizza cut into 16 pieces? Double the number of slices is the same thing as share split.

Non ballers can already buy fractional shares.

There is no relationship between share price and share price performance.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL
If you order a large pizza that has been cut into 8 pieces do you have less pizza than the same pizza cut into 16 pieces? Double the number of slices is the same thing as share split.

Non ballers can already buy fractional shares.

There is no relationship between share price and share price performance.

Ok, let's revisit this two weeks from split and see if that holds true.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Any benefit to share price performance would occur on the announcement not when the split occurs.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does this mean you have to be in it already to get in at split?

Or just to be a part of split ?

I think that's saying in order to have your stocks split, you have to be in by July 1st.

Doesn't mean you can't buy on July 15th the split stocks.

Users who are viewing this thread